GCHC Staff Nurse - Helena, GA
Job Title: GCHC Staff Nurse - Helena, GA
Location: Telfair State Prison
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 216611
- Graduate of an accredited college or university with a degree in nursing and a valid Georgia RN license. Functions within the Georgia Board of Nursing Nurse Practice Acts; BCLS Certified; Security clearance by the Georgia Department of Corrections; Good physical and mental health; able to work under pressure; relate well to patients, security staff, visitors and con-workers
- Prefer two years clinical experience.
- Functions within the Georgia Board of Nursing Nurse Practice Act. Current BCLS certification.
- Must be able to lift 50lbs. Normal bending, reaching, stooping. Standing and sitting for long periods of time. Must be able to quickly move across the compound sitting for long periods of time. Normal levels of hearing and seeing, if necessary, with corrective appliances. Must be able to perform BCLS.
- Must relate well to patients, security staff, visitors and co-workers.
- Security clearance by the Georgia Department of Corrections.
Duties to include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for the delivery of patient care through the nursing process of assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation.
- Applies knowledge of available resources in obtaining a health history and in the assessment process.
- Also, directs and guides patient teaching, nursing activities, and ancillary personnel.
- Assess physical, psychological, and social dimensions of patients within the health care unit.
- Provides a written assessment of patient on admission, during confinement, and or discharge in accordance with GDC SOP/LOP.
- Summarizes assessment data and makes a triage decision which is documented and communicated to other patient care providers.
- Helps plan and implements an individual treatment program as ordered by the physician, clinical associate or other licensed provider in accordance with nursing protocol.
- Applies knowledge and utilizes available resources in planning care and patient teaching.
- Intervenes with proper technique and nursing procedures and safety precautions to meet the individual needs of patients.
- Administers medication according to proper techniques and procedures, including IV therapy and all other approved routes of administration.
- Utilizes pharmacology knowledge and available resources in administering medications.
- Follows facility procedures for obtaining therapeutic diets and monitors diet compliance.
This position is also responsible for promoting a customer friendly environment and providing superior service to our patients, students, faculty, and employees. "Augusta University is a patient-and family-centered care institution, where employees partner everyday with patients and families for success."
Augusta University is a tobacco free environment and the use of any tobacco products on any part of the campus, both inside and outside, is strictly prohibited.
GCHC AAEEO/CONDITION STATEMENT
Georgia Correctional HealthCare (GCHC) is a Division of Augusta University. We are an equal employment, equal access, and equal educational opportunity and affirmative action institution. Also, Augusta University is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans. It is the policy of the University to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to age, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation or veteran status.
All candidates are to complete and successfully pass Pre-Employment requirements. This includes a Criminal History Record Release (and when applicable, a Physical Examination and Drug Screen).
Minimum Salary $28.00/hour
Salary to commensurate with qualifications and experience of candidate
Pay Grade: 17
Recruitment Period: July 11, 2019, until filledAbout Us
Correctional health care, one of the fastest growing health services in the nation, offers fulfilling roles in a variety of settings. As an employee of Georgia Correctional HealthCare, you will have not just another job, but rather a mission! With your passion, you will take a leading role in achieving our mission to provide quality health care to the state’s inmate population. You’ll meet new challenges! But the rewards of making such a significant difference in people’s lives will make those challenges worthwhile.
Georgia Correctional HealthCare (GCHC) is the division of the Georgia Regents University that provides high quality healthcare to over 60 Georgia Department of Correction facilities state wide. Since 1997, GCHC has prided itself on delivering a high level of quality care while controlling the spiraling costs associated with inmate healthcare.Location
Telfair State Prison