Job Title: Postdoctoral Fellow
Location: Augusta University
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 216254
Minimum Requirements Ph.D. or equivalent degree from an accredited college or university Departmental Requirements - Knowledge, Abilities & Skills
Ability to maintain confidentialityAbility to complete work and meet deadlinesWillingness and ability to work with research teamsAbility to work independently with only general supervisionDetail-oriented with strong organization and prioritization skillsExcellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skillsProficient in Microsoft Office and other computer software/databasesBasic competency in data management and analysis or willingness to learn Preferred Experiences or skills in epidemiological or biostatistical or bioinformatics analyses are preferred but not essential. Responsibilities This postdoctoral fellow position is immediately available to work on hypertension, obesity, childhood obesity, cardiovascular and metabolic disease in humans with a focus on nutritional factors, biomarkers, inflammation, aging, genomics/epigenomics and metabolomics. The successful candidate will join a collaborative, interdisciplinary and well recognized team including biolomedical, biostatistical, epidemiologic, clinical trial and population health sciences expertise and will have opportunities to conduct research with large regional and national cohorts/databases and interventional studies under the guidance and supervision of multi-principal investigators. The duties include, but are not limited to:
- Participate in project planning and development of research protocols while insuring adherence to accepted scientific research principles and compliance with relevant federal guidelines. Formulate research questions and propose them for possible future manuscripts or research project.
- Analyze results of experiments and procedures using computer techniques and, if necessary, develop special computer programs to facilitate analysis. Teach and participate in complex qualitative and quantitative analysis, as well as physiological, epidemiological, and bioinformatics data analysis. Assist with research grant proposal development, and day-to-day research tasks
- Coordinate and participate in research of scientific literature; summarize and evaluate findings; develop derivative applications of proposals developed by own research activities or reported by other research projects
- Compose articles for publication in scientific journals; review articles prepared by others. Present findings at scientific meetings locally, nationally and internationally
- Supervise and coordinate activities of students, graduate assistants and other research personnel engaged in research activities and/or related laboratory work. Advise principal investigators, other postdocs, students and other research personnel on research techniques, procedures and other technological aspects of research activities.
- Prepare, or assist with preparing, required regulatory documentation. Calibrate, troubleshoot, repair and operate lab equipment, compute-linked analytical equipment, dedicated computers and other complex scientific equipment; instruct others in operation of equipment.
- Perform all other related duties/tasks as assigned.
Shift/Salary This position is supported by grant funds.
Shift: Full-Time/Days/M-F Salary: $47,476/Annually
Salary to be commensurate with qualifications of selected candidate within the established range (generally minimum-midpoint) of the position Recruitment Period: 5/3/2019 - Until Filled Conditions of Employment All candidates are required to successfully pass a Background Check review prior to starting with Augusta University. Equal Employment Opportunity Augusta University is proud to be an equal opportunity employer welcoming applicants from underrepresented groups, including individuals with disabilities and veterans. Other Information This position is also responsible for promoting a customer friendly environment and providing superior service to our patients, students, faculty, and employees. "Augusta University is a patient-and family-centered care institution, where employees partner everyday with patients and families for success." Augusta University is a tobacco free environment and the use of any tobacco products on any part of the campus, both inside and outside, is strictly prohibited.
Share this job with your network:
Learn more on Inside Higher Ed's College Page for University