Job Title: Plant Manager
Location: Augusta University
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 215468
Minimum Requirements Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in Mechanical Engineering or related field; Valid Driver's License OR
High school diploma, GED or equivalent from a recognized State or Federal accrediting organization and 15 years of experience in utility/central energy plant management, project and employee management; Valid Driver's License Departmental Requirements - Knowledge, Abilities & Skills
Ability to maintain confidentialityExcellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skillsProficient in Microsoft Office and other computer software/databasesMust be proficient in the use of the Metasys facility management systemMust have good sensory abilities (sight, touch, hearing, smell) and physical abilitiesDetail-oriented along with the ability to prioritize, read and interpret blueprints, plans and specificationsKnowledge in mechanical engineering practices and design and have general mechanical aptitude and be able to safely and effectively operate hand tools, physically enter and work inside of small, confined spaces (air handlers), climb ladders and work at various heights Preferred A Bachelor of Science degree from an accredited college or university in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent combination or practical work experience in utility plant management or related field; Licensed Stationary Engineer with considerable experience in management of personnel and techniques for maintenance of chillers, high temperature generators, boilers, and associated distribution equipment and systems; Class 1-11 & 111-1 Certificate of Authority to install, maintain, and service boilers at this location by Georgia Department of Labor and Safety Engineering; At least one year of Johnson Controls Metasys experience Responsibilities Responsible for management of all Utility Plant Services on the Health Sciences campus. Responsibilities include planning, organizing, and directing the day-to-day work programs to provide consistent utility distribution for the campus and out-lying properties. Responsibilities also include the implementing and assisting in a variety of construction and energy management projects. Establishing departmental policies and procedures, managing, reporting and monitoring utility plant mechanical shop productivity, completing employee evaluations, hiring, disciplinary actions, coaching and training. The duties include, but are not limited to:
- Monitors and tracks energy performance and consumption for utilities; Reports consumption of utilities to the Director of Facilities Operation for purposes of tracking, trending and budget planning; Responsible for supporting energy management initiatives
- Establishes and develops preventative maintenance schedules for equipment; Oversees quality control of preventive maintenance program; Ensures that all equipment is maintained to provide optimal consistent operation
- Assists with supervision and planning of construction and maintenance for utility infrastructure equipment
- Develops and manages supply and personnel budget
- Works with management team to plan and develop future utility equipment needs
- Coordinates after-hour shift and weekend shifts for response to utility plant needs; Ensures proper staffing levels for shift coverage
- Administers training programs for personnel with respect to job duties and overall staff development
- Performs regular administrative duties such as preparing periodic reports, annual budget, hiring personnel and preparing specifications and requisitions for new equipment
- Procures equipment, materials and supplies for inventory and staff use
- Provides contingency planning and emergency response plans for utility disruption to include labor resources (contractors and staff)
Shift/Salary Shift: Days/M-F Pay Grade: 20 Salary: $55,869.00/Annually - $73,433.22/Annually
Salary to be commensurate with qualifications of selected candidate within the established range (generally minimum-midpoint) of the position Recruitment Period: 4/30/2019 - until filled Conditions of Employment All candidates are required to successfully pass a Background Check review prior to starting with Augusta University. Equal Employment Opportunity Augusta University is proud to be an equal opportunity employer welcoming applicants from underrepresented groups, including individuals with disabilities and veterans.Driver's License Statement The Human Resources Division will request a recent driver's history report from the selected candidate. This report must come from the Department of Motor Vehicles and the fee will be paid for by the candidate. This report will be required prior to an offer being extended by Human Resources and must be from the state(s) in which the candidate has lived in for the past three years.
Credit Check This position will require the acquisition of a P-Card and/or handle cash, credit or other sensitive information and will require a satisfactory Consumer Credit check as a condition of employment.
Other Information This position is also responsible for promoting a customer friendly environment and providing superior service to our patients, students, faculty, and employees. "Augusta University is a patient-and family-centered care institution, where employees partner everyday with patients and families for success." Augusta University is a tobacco free environment and the use of any tobacco products on any part of the campus, both inside and outside, is strictly prohibited.
Share this job with your network:
Learn more on Inside Higher Ed's College Page for University