Facilities Maintenance Spec 3
Job Title: Facilities Maintenance Spec 3
Location: Augusta University
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 216068
Minimum Requirements High School Diploma, GED or equivalent from a recognized State or Federal accrediting organization and five years of applicable maintenance experience; Valid driver's license and qualified to operate Augusta University vehicles; Must have, or be able to obtain within 6 months, EPA Universal Refrigerant Certification Departmental Requirements - Knowledge, Abilities & Skills
Must be able to lift/carry 75 lbsAbility to maintain confidentiality Knowledge of HVAC components and functionKnowledge of electrical systems 12 volt to 480 voltKnowledge of heating water and chilled water systemsDetail-oriented with the ability to multi-task and prioritizeProficient in Microsoft Office and other computer software/databasesExcellent interpersonal, customer service, written and verbal communication skillsAbility to learn quickly and be flexible- adapt quickly to changing work environmentsAbility to use a Building Automation System for various control functions - prefer Metasys-Johnson Controls Preferred Three or more years' experience with Johnson Controls Metasys from a user interface control environment. Eight or more years' applicable maintenance or construction experience in HVAC, Electrical, or BAS Controls. Associate's or technical degree/certificate in HVAC field from an accredited college or university. Refrigeration systems and/or pneumatic controls experience. Responsibilities This position will perform repairs and maintains heating, ventilating, and air conditioning (HVAC) equipment primarily on the Health Sciences campus, but will support Summerville Campus, Forest Hills Campus, Riverfront Campus, and Gracewood Vivarium. This position is primarily responsible for troubleshooting, repairing, and maintaining heating, ventilation, and air conditioning equipment and other related components including exhaust fans and fume-hood fans. Also, DDC control equipment including the testing of electrical circuits and components. Technician will also perform preventive maintenance of air cooled chillers, air handling units, package units, DX units, and any HVAC related equipment that the General Maintenance Shop or HVAC/EMS shop are assigned in the preventive maintenance program. This position will also be involved with the Building Automation System, Metasys. Must have knowledge of chilled water systems, boiler systems, heating water systems, HVAC systems, and have a good electrical knowledge and skill. This position will have mandatory work hours before or after normal work hours which includes weekends, holidays and will be required to be on-call seven days a week in a rotating basis. The duties include, but are not limited to:
- Respond to and complete HVAC-related work orders; Troubleshoot and repair HVAC refrigerant systems and other associated equipment such as fan coils, power induction units, air dryers, exhaust fans, fume-hood fans and larger air handling units with internal components; This includes humidification equipment and systems; Obtain vendor information and consult drawings/schematics and operation/maintenance manuals as needed; Purchase required parts and supplies
- Perform preventative maintenance on HVAC equipment to include larger air handling units, DX units, fan coil units, control air dryers and air-cooled chillers; Complete PM work orders and provide input to supervisor regarding preventative maintenance tasks and frequency; Obtain vendor information and consult operation and maintenance manuals as required
- Perform duties with the BAS, Metasys changing set points as needed, adding trends, alarm tabs, adjusting alarm parameters and working on Energy Management hardware and DDC control equipment for valve and damper control actuators and others
- Set-up, perform and support shutdowns of various HVAC related equipment as required by Facilities Operations or others
- Perform all other related duties/tasks as assigned
Shift/Salary Shift: Full-Time/Days/M-FThis position will have mandatory work hours before or after normal work hours which includes weekends, holidays and will be required to be on-call seven days a week in a rotating basis. Pay Grade: 11 Salary: $14.01/hr - $17.43/hr
Salary to be commensurate with qualifications of selected candidate within the established range (generally minimum-midpoint) of the position Recruitment Period: 03/29/2019 - Until Filled Conditions of Employment All candidates are required to successfully pass a Background Check review prior to starting with Augusta University. Equal Employment Opportunity Augusta University is proud to be an equal opportunity employer welcoming applicants from underrepresented groups, including individuals with disabilities and veterans.Driver's License Statement The Human Resources Division will request a recent driver's history report from the selected candidate. This report must come from the Department of Motor Vehicles and the fee will be paid for by the candidate. This report will be required prior to an offer being extended by Human Resources and must be from the state(s) in which the candidate has lived in for the past three years.
Credit Check This position will require the acquisition of a P-Card and/or handle cash, credit or other sensitive information and will require a satisfactory Consumer Credit check as a condition of employment.
Other Information This position is also responsible for promoting a customer friendly environment and providing superior service to our patients, students, faculty, and employees. "Augusta University is a patient-and family-centered care institution, where employees partner everyday with patients and families for success." Augusta University is a tobacco free environment and the use of any tobacco products on any part of the campus, both inside and outside, is strictly prohibited.
Share this job with your network:
Learn more on Inside Higher Ed's College Page for University