GCHC Medical Lab Technician-Alto, Georgia
Job Title: GCHC Medical Lab Technician-Alto, Georgia
Location: Arrendale State Prison
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 216052
Completion of an accredited program in medical laboratory technology. Minimum of one year laboratory technician experience preferred. Necessay knowledge, skills,, and abilities of standard laboratory involved in clinical laboratory work. Good physical condition and mental health; able to work under pressure; relate well to patients, security staff, visitors and co-workers.Responsibilities
- Perform all laboratory tests within the capability of the facility, as ordered by the physician..
- Collect as necessary, prepare and protect specimens..
- Perform venipuncture
- Maintain proper records of tests and complete reports on lab work.
- Make the necessary arrangements to secure and send specimens to outside lab vendores as required.
- Perform calibrations and limearity for quality assurance and accurate results.
- Maintain references standards to ensure accurate test results.
- All other duties as assigned.
Georgia Correctional HealthCare (GCHC) is a Division of Augusta University. We are an equal employment, equal access, and equal educational opportunity and affirmative action institution. Also, Augusta University is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans. It is the policy of the University to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to age, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation or veteran status.
All candidates are to complete and successfully pass Pre-Employment requirements. This includes a Criminal History Record Release (and when applicable, a Physical Examination and Drug Screen).
Recruitment-March 27,2019 or until filled