Job Title: Grounds Keeper*
Location: Summerville Campus
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 212538
- Mows lawns using power equipment, collecting clippings and adjusts cutting height as needed; Line trims around signs, trees, bunkers, fence lines and valve boxes; Edges along walks, curbs and beds; Replaces and repairs divots; Inspects lawns prior to mowing for obstacles such as debris, irrigation heads, rocks, sticks, valve boxes, etc.Prunes plant materials with hand and power tools at appropriate times and removes debris; Controls weeds manually and with herbicides; Applies fertilizer to shrubs and trees; Plants and maintains seasonal color beds
- Performs and records routine maintenance; Checks engine oil prior to starting; Cleans equipment after each use; Notifies crew leader and supervisor of safety issues
- Assists with irrigation repairs; Cleans golf balls and delivers to the Club House; Maintains cleanliness of physical features such as flags and signs
- Empties and cleans waste containers; Empties cigarette urns and replenishes sand; Removes litter and chewing gum; Sweeps floors and collects trash' Keeps tools, equipment and vehicles in good condition and stored properly; Returns flammable product container to fire proof cabinets; Safeguards and secures grounds tools and equipment
- Must wear appropriate uniform, appropriate personal protection equipment and maintain good hygiene; Treat others with respect, to include supervisors, coworkers, subordinates, faculty, students, vendors and visitors; Observe all departmental and university policies and procedures
- Assists coworkers with other assignments such as recycling, pressure washing and pest control; The above job responsibilities are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities
Salary: $12.04/hr - $13.18/hr
Salary to be commensurate with qualifications of selected candidate within the established range (generally minimum-midpoint) of the position pay grade. and experience of candidate
Recruitment Period: Continuous Recruitment - Multiple Positions Conditions of Employment All candidates are required to successfully pass a Background Check review prior to starting with Augusta University.
Equal Employment Opportunity Augusta University is proud to be an equal opportunity employer welcoming applicants from underrepresented groups, including individuals with disabilities and veterans.Driver's License Statement The Human Resources Division will request a recent driver's history report from the selected candidate. This report must come from the Department of Motor Vehicles and the fee will be paid for by the candidate. This report will be required prior to an offer being extended by Human Resources and must be from the state(s) in which the candidate has lived in for the past three years. Other Information This position is also responsible for promoting a customer friendly environment and providing superior service to our patients, students, faculty, and employees. "Augusta University is a patient-and family-centered care institution, where employees partner everyday with patients and families for success." Augusta University is a tobacco free environment and the use of any tobacco products on any part of the campus, both inside and outside, is strictly prohibited.