Facilities Engineering Manager
Job Title: Facilities Engineering Manager
Location: Augusta University
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 215469
Minimum Requirements Associate's degree from an accredited college or university in mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, or in related field and seven years' experience in facilities management, project management, or personnel management; State of Georgia Journeyman Plumbing or Electrical License; Valid Driver's LicenseOR
High school diploma, GED or equivalent from a recognized State or Federal accrediting organization and ten years' experience in facilities management, project management, or personnel management; State of Georgia Journeyman Plumbing or Electrical License; Valid Driver's License Departmental Requirements - Knowledge, Abilities & Skills
Ability to maintain confidentialityProficient in Microsoft Office and other computer software/databasesMust be proficient in the use of the Metasys facility management systemExcellent organizational, interpersonal, written and verbal communication skillsAbility to multitask and problem solve mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and control systemsDetail-oriented along with the ability to prioritize, read and interpret blueprints, plans and specificationsKnowledge in mechanical engineering practices and design and have general mechanical aptitude and be able to safely and effectively operate hand tools, physically enter and work inside of small, confined spaces (air handlers), climb ladders and work at various heights Certifications State of Georgia Journeyman Plumbing or Electrical License; Valid driver's license Preferred Ten or more years of applicable maintenance experience in a University environment; A combination of ten or more years in multi-craft skilled trade experience; A Bachelor of Science degree from an accredited college or university in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent combination or practical work experience in facility engineering or a related field; Considerable experience in management of personnel and techniques for maintenance of chillers, boilers, electrical systems, and plumbing; At least one year of Johnson Controls Metasys experience Responsibilities The Facilities Engineering Manager is responsible for the management of HVAC, Plumbing, Electrical, and General Maintenance operations, including planning, organizing, and directing supervision and employees for maintaining engineering services for the Health Sciences campus and outlying properties. Responsibilities include assisting construction and engineering projects, assisting in establishing departmental policies and procedures, managing and developing reports to reflect shop productivities and approving funding for standard maintenance projects and managing projects given to various contractors. Also, responsible for completing employee evaluations, hiring processes, disciplinary actions, coaching, and training of various personnel. Position will require long hours in emergency situations to address issues dealing with building systems and work with vendor, contractors, and other managers in other areas of expertise. The duties include, but are not limited to:
- Oversees the Facilities Engineering Shops (Electrical, General Maintenance, HVAC and Plumbing); Ensure equipment is maintained and provides optimal consistent operation; Establish and develop preventive maintenance schedules for equipment; Oversees quality control of preventive maintenance program
- Maintains Fire Suppression and Fire Alarm inspection reports, submits departmental request to correct issue; Schedules work and shutdowns as needed for inspection for corrections; Approves invoices of work completed; Reviews annual contract for these inspections to submit addendums as required due to change of fire suppression systems or additional fire suppression systems on the Health Science Campus
- Identifies maintenance projects for funding relating to electrical, fire suppression, fire alarm, plumbing, HVAC and control systems; Coordinates with Planning Design & Construction group in the support of campus projects; Coordinates planned outages for utility connections, etc. to ensure limited disruption to building occupants and users
- Develops and manages supply and personnel budget; Procures equipment, materials and supplies for inventory and staff use; Performs regular administrative duties such as preparing periodic reports, annual budget, hiring personnel and preparing specifications and requisitions for new equipment; Reviews and approves utility bills for payment such as: water, sewage, natural gas and electricity
- Reviews Preventative Maintenance, Fire Safety and Environmental Safety type work requests; Responds, corrects or issues work requests to appropriate Maintenance Shops; Maintains EH&S Fire Safety and EHOS Assessments records
- Informs Facilities Operation personnel requirements and contractors related under this position's responsibilities to enter and work in animal and Non-Human Primate Areas
- Administers training programs for personnel with respect to job duties and overall staff development
- Perform all other duties as required by supervision
Shift/Salary Shift: Days/M-F; Position will require long hours in emergency situations to address issues dealing with building systems and work with vendor, contractors, and other managers in other areas of expertise. Pay Grade: 20 Salary: $55,869.00/Annually - $72,477.40/Annually
Salary to be commensurate with qualifications of selected candidate within the established range (generally minimum-midpoint) of the position Recruitment Period: Conditions of Employment All candidates are required to successfully pass a Background Check review prior to starting with Augusta University. Equal Employment Opportunity Augusta University is proud to be an equal opportunity employer welcoming applicants from underrepresented groups, including individuals with disabilities and veterans.Driver's License Statement The Human Resources Division will request a recent driver's history report from the selected candidate. This report must come from the Department of Motor Vehicles and the fee will be paid for by the candidate. This report will be required prior to an offer being extended by Human Resources and must be from the state(s) in which the candidate has lived in for the past three years.
Credit Check This position will require the acquisition of a P-Card and/or handle cash, credit or other sensitive information and will require a satisfactory Consumer Credit check as a condition of employment.
Other Information This position is also responsible for promoting a customer friendly environment and providing superior service to our patients, students, faculty, and employees. "Augusta University is a patient-and family-centered care institution, where employees partner everyday with patients and families for success." Augusta University is a tobacco free environment and the use of any tobacco products on any part of the campus, both inside and outside, is strictly prohibited.
Share this job with your network:
Learn more on Inside Higher Ed's College Page for University