Facilities Systems Specialist
Job Title: Facilities Systems Specialist
Location: Summerville Campus
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 215260
- Must have or be able to acquire Boiler System Certification and Universal Certification in Recovery of Refrigerants.
- Ability to use hand or power tools applicable to trade.
- Knowledge of HVAC installation, troubleshooting, repair, and maintenance.
- Skill in the use of computers.
- Ability to develop heating, ventilating, and air conditioning systems modifications plans.
- Ability to review engineering documents, specifications, and cost estimates for projects.
- Document and track preventive maintenance activities.
- Ability to read schematic and blueprints and/or technical manuals.
- Knowledge of mechanical systems, building materials, and emergency maintenance.
- Ability to understand, follow, and enforce safety precautions.
- Must be able to work independently and also as a team member. Must be able to work well with staff and customers
Pay Grade: 15
Salary: $18.71/hr. - $20.45/hr
Salary to be commensurate with qualifications of selected candidate within the established range (generally minimum-midpoint) of the position.
Recruitment Period: 11/2/2018 - Until Filled Conditions of Employment All candidates are required to successfully pass a Background Check review prior to starting with Augusta University.
Equal Employment Opportunity Augusta University is proud to be an equal opportunity employer welcoming applicants from underrepresented groups, including individuals with disabilities and veterans.Driver's License Statement The Human Resources Division will request a recent driver's history report from the selected candidate. This report must come from the Department of Motor Vehicles and the fee will be paid for by the candidate. This report will be required prior to an offer being extended by Human Resources and must be from the state(s) in which the candidate has lived in for the past three years.
Other Information This position is also responsible for promoting a customer friendly environment and providing superior service to our patients, students, faculty, and employees. "Augusta University is a patient-and family-centered care institution, where employees partner everyday with patients and families for success." Augusta University is a tobacco free environment and the use of any tobacco products on any part of the campus, both inside and outside, is strictly prohibited.