Librarian Instructor - Special Collections Librarian, Reese Library
Job Title: Librarian Instructor - Special Collections Librarian, Reese Library
Location: Summerville Campus
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 216523
- American Library Association (ALA)-accredited Master’s degree in Library Science.Experience working in special collections and/or archives.Demonstrated knowledge of archival processing practices, Describing Archives: A Content Standard (DACS), 2nd edition, and Encoded Archival Description (EAD).Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.Ability to work collaboratively in an academic community.
- Experience organizing and hosting programming and exhibits.Demonstrated knowledge of current developments and trends in special collections and archives.Demonstrated knowledge and experience with curation of digital objects and digital preservation.Demonstrated commitment to professional development through scholarly research and through participation and leadership in professional associations.Experience serving diverse communities.Undergraduate or advanced degree in history.
- Oversee all care and housing of Special Collections materials including the manuscript collection and selected university archives.Increase access to collection items through arrangement, description, cataloging, and digitization efforts.Develop physical and online exhibitions of Special Collections resources.
- Create and enforce policies and procedures for the department.
- Pursue funding opportunities related to collection acquisition, processing, preservation, digitization, and promotion.Compile and report statistics for institutional, state, and national reports.Supervise one full-time staff member.Serve as a liaison to the Department of History, Anthropology, and Philosophy.Participate in collection development, including the weeding/withdrawal of items from Special Collections and the library’s general collection.Create and maintain online research guides.Provide research assistance in person or virtually to all users of the department’s collections, maintaining high customer service standards.Participate in the library instruction program by teaching classes in the liaison area, and other areas as needed.Actively engage in professional development by conducting scholarly research relevant to areas of responsibility; disseminate research by contributing to appropriate professional literature and/or conferences.Collaborate with the Curator, Historical Collections and Archives at Greenblatt Library.Engage in service to the libraries, the university, the community, and the profession, including serving on committees.
All candidates are required to successfully pass a Background Check review. For specific positions, the final candidate may be subject to a (pre-employment) physical, drug screen, and/or credit check.
The final candidate will be required to provide proof of completed academic degree in the form of an original transcript. Those candidates trained by a foreign institution will also be required to provide an educational/credential evaluation.
Equal Employment Opportunity Augusta University is proud to be an equal opportunity employer welcoming applicants from underrepresented groups, including individuals with disabilities and veterans. How To Apply
In order to be formally considered for employment at Augusta University, applications must be submitted electronically and must include a letter of interest, current curriculum vitae, and names of three professional references. Please submit as one document at https://www.augusta.edu/hr/jobs/faculty/Minimum Recruitment Period: 30 days Augusta University Application/Recruitment Deadline: Open until filledOther Information This position is also responsible for promoting a customer friendly environment and providing superior service to our patients, students, faculty, and employees. "Augusta University is a patient-and family-centered care institution, where employees partner everyday with patients and families for success." Augusta University is a tobacco free environment and the use of any tobacco products on any part of the campus, both inside and outside, is strictly prohibited.