Cataloging and Metadata Librarian, Librarian Instructor, Reese Library
Job Title: Cataloging and Metadata Librarian, Librarian Instructor, Reese Library
Location: Summerville Campus
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 217430
Job Information Job ID: 217430
Reese Library of Augusta University invites applications for the position of Cataloging and Metadata Librarian at the faculty rank of Instructor. Working under the direction of the Associate Director of Reese Library, this full-time, non-tenure track faculty position has the primary responsibility of managing catalog and metadata processes for the University Libraries’ integrated library system (ALMA) including policy planning and development, quality control, and maintenance of records and access points within the broader context of the strategic plans and goals of the University Libraries as well as Augusta University.
The successful candidate will accomplish the following:
- Manage all aspects of the cataloging and metadata processing for Reese Library.
- Ensure quality control and maintenance of records and access points.
- Possess knowledge of nationally standardized cataloging policies and practices, as well as understand trends and issues related to cataloging and metadata.
- Compile and report statistics for institutional, state, and national reports.
- Supervise one full time staff member.
- Act as a liaison to one or more academic/university units.
- Serve as the primary contact for research queries and individual consultations for faculty and students in liaison areas.
- Create and maintain online research guides.
- Participate in the library instruction program by teaching classes in the liaison area, and other areas as needed.
- Actively engage in professional development by conducting scholarly research relevant to areas of responsibility; disseminate research by contributing to appropriate professional literature and/or conferences.
- Engage in service to the libraries, the university, the community, and the profession, including serving on committees.
The Cataloging and Metadata Librarian will serve as liaison librarian to one or more academic units and will serve on library and institutional committees as a faculty member.
The Cataloging and Metadata Librarian is expected to be active professionally in local, regional, and national associations and to contribute to the professional literature.
- American Library Association (ALA)-accredited Master’s degree in Library Science.
- Experience in cataloging library resources.
- Experience with ALMA or another integrated library system.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Prior experience in a supervisory role.
- Ability to work collaboratively in an academic community.
- Demonstrated knowledge of current developments and trends in academic libraries.
- Demonstrated commitment to professional development through scholarly research and through participation and leadership in professional associations.
- Experience serving diverse communities.
This position has faculty rank and status (non-tenure track). Benefits include a competitive health package, TIAA/CREF, and other retirement options.
Conditions of Employment
All candidates are required to successfully pass a Background Check review. For specific positions, the final candidate may be subject to a (pre-employment) physical, drug screen, and/or credit check.
The final candidate will be required to provide proof of completed academic degree(s) as well as post-secondary course work in the form of original transcript(s). Those candidates trained by a foreign institution will also be required to provide an educational/credential evaluation.
How To Apply
In order to be formally considered for employment at Augusta University, applications must be submitted electronically and must include a letter of interest, current curriculum vitae, and names of three professional references. Please submit as one document at https://www.augusta.edu/hr/jobs/faculty/index.php
Minimum Recruitment Period: 30 days
Augusta University Application/Recruitment Deadline: Open until filled
Equal Employment Opportunity Augusta University is proud to be an equal opportunity employer welcoming applicants from underrepresented groups, including individuals with disabilities and veterans. Other Information This position is also responsible for promoting a customer friendly environment and providing superior service to our patients, students, faculty, and employees. "Augusta University is a patient-and family-centered care institution, where employees partner everyday with patients and families for success." Augusta University is a tobacco free environment and the use of any tobacco products on any part of the campus, both inside and outside, is strictly prohibited.