Facilities Maintenance Spec 3
Job Title: Facilities Maintenance Spec 3
Location: Summerville Campus
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 217212
Minimum Requirements High school diploma, GED, or equivalent from a State or Federal accrediting organization and five years' applicable maintenance experience; Must have valid driver's license and be qualified to operate AU vehicles; refrigeration handling certification or acquire it within six months of employment.Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Considerable knowledge of the principles, practices, materials, tools and equipment of refrigeration, air conditioning and/or heating equipment operation, maintenance and repair.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Must be able to read blueprints
- Must be able to work independently and also as a team member
- Skills in the diagnosis of problems in complex control or environmental systems
- Willingness and ability to work with animals
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and other computer software/databases
Responsibilities This is work requiring the highest level of skill in installation, calibration, troubleshooting, repair, and preventative maintenance of refrigeration, air conditioning, heating equipment, and other related equipment. The responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Respond to and complete the EMS/HVAC related work orders. Troubleshoot and repair EMS/HVAC refrigerant systems, controls, and larger air handler unit components with other related components. Obtain vendor information and consult drawings/schematics and operation/maintenance manuals as needed. Purchase required parts and supplies.
- Perform preventative maintenance on HVAC equipment to include larger air handling units and air-cooled chillers. Complete PM work orders and provide input to supervisor regarding preventative maintenance tasks and frequency. Obtain vendor information and consult operation and maintenance manuals as required.
- Set up and perform shutdown as required by Facilities Management or others.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
Shift/Salary Shift: Days/M-F (Mandatory overtime may be necessary.) Pay Grade: 11 Salary: $14.01/hr. - $18.21/hr.
Salary to be commensurate with qualifications of selected candidate within the established range (generally minimum-midpoint) of the position Recruitment Period: 9/24/2019 - Until FilledConditions of Employment All candidates are required to successfully pass a Background Check review prior to starting with Augusta University.Equal Employment Opportunity Augusta University is proud to be an equal opportunity employer welcoming applicants from underrepresented groups, including individuals with disabilities and veterans.Driver's License Statement The Human Resources Division will request a recent driver's history report from the selected candidate. This report must come from the Department of Motor Vehicles and the fee will be paid for by the candidate. This report will be required prior to an offer being extended by Human Resources and must be from the state(s) in which the candidate has lived in for the past three years.Other Information This position is also responsible for promoting a customer friendly environment and providing superior service to our patients, students, faculty, and employees. "Augusta University is a patient-and family-centered care institution, where employees partner everyday with patients and families for success." Augusta University is a tobacco free environment and the use of any tobacco products on any part of the campus, both inside and outside, is strictly prohibited.
Share this job with your network:
Learn more on Inside Higher Ed's College Page for University