Job Title: Maintenance Supervisor
Location: Augusta University
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 217211
Minimum Requirements High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent from a State or Federal accrediting organization; State of Georgia Journeyman Plumbing License and ten years applicable maintenance experience including five years of commercial plumbing experience OR ten years of applicable AU experience including at least five years of plumbing experience. Some previous supervisory or lead experience. Must hold a valid driver's license and be qualified to operate Augusta University vehicles.Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities Ability to maintain confidentialityExcellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skillsProficient in Microsoft Office and other computer software/databasesStrong problem-solving skills and sound judgement on assigned tasksMust be able to interpret drawings, specifications and service manuals for assigned plumbing components and systemsExperience in plumbing maintenance and repair which encompasses the sanitary sewer, potable water, fire sprinkler systems, storm water, lab vacuum, lab air, medical gas station and RO water systems Certifications State of Georgia Journeyman Plumbing License and State of Georgia Backflow Testing Certification. Must hold a valid driver's license and be qualified to operate Augusta University vehicles.Preferred
- State of Georgia Master Plumbing License; State of Georgia Backflow Testing Certification; Medical Gas Brazing Certification
- Ten years' plumbing experience with six years of maintenance experience in the University System of Georgia
- Five years of supervisory or lead experience
Responsibilities This position must plan work to ensure cost-effective use of labor and materials. This person is responsible for a P-Card and for its use, making technical decisions and determine effects of utility shutdowns and equipment isolation on the campus and hospital. Must effectively communicate decisions to customers, managers and building coordinators. Responsible for supervising of the Plumbing Shop which includes planning, organizing and directing employees for maintaining engineering services for the Health Sciences Campus and out-lying properties. Responsibilities include assisting construction and engineering projects. Assists in establishing departmental policies and procedures. Develops reports to reflect shop productivities and approving funding for standard maintenance projects and managing projects given to various contractors. Also completes employee evaluations, hiring processes, disciplinary actions and coaching and training of various personnel. The duties include, but are not limited to:
- Supervise plumbing maintenance, repairs and troubleshooting: sanitary sewer, potable water, fire sprinkler systems, storm water, lab vacuum, lab air, medical gas station and RO water systems.
- Oversees or performs backflow preventer testing and repairs; Maintains records for Health Sciences Campus back low preventers to include locations and type of device.
- Oversees Facilities Operations projects to include fire suppression system inspections and repairs and projects dealing with systems assigned to the Plumbing Shop for troubleshooting and repairs.
- Oversees employees; productivity levels. Develops labor and work order projects. Reviews and approves P-Card purchases, invoices and submits quotes for related projects.
- Supports the Construction and Project Group for renovation and capital construction projects.
- Performs all other related duties/tasks as assigned by supervision.
Shift/Salary Shift: Days/M-F Pay Grade: 16 Salary: $47,476/Annually-$54,776.78/Annually
Salary to be commensurate with qualifications of selected candidate within the established range (generally minimum-midpoint) of the position Recruitment Period: 10/13/2019 - Until filledConditions of Employment All candidates are required to successfully pass a Background Check review prior to starting with Augusta University.Equal Employment Opportunity Augusta University is proud to be an equal opportunity employer welcoming applicants from underrepresented groups, including individuals with disabilities and veterans.Driver's License Statement The Human Resources Division will request a recent driver's history report from the selected candidate. This report must come from the Department of Motor Vehicles and the fee will be paid for by the candidate. This report will be required prior to an offer being extended by Human Resources and must be from the state(s) in which the candidate has lived in for the past three years.Credit Check This position will require the acquisition of a P-Card and/or handle cash, credit or other sensitive information and will require a satisfactory Consumer Credit check as a condition of employment.Other Information This position is also responsible for promoting a customer friendly environment and providing superior service to our patients, students, faculty, and employees. "Augusta University is a patient-and family-centered care institution, where employees partner everyday with patients and families for success." Augusta University is a tobacco free environment and the use of any tobacco products on any part of the campus, both inside and outside, is strictly prohibited.
Share this job with your network:
Learn more on Inside Higher Ed's College Page for University