Student Assistant - Intramural Sports
Job Title: Student Assistant - Intramural Sports
Location: Georgia Gwinnett College
Full/Part Time: Part-Time
Job ID: 222466
The office of Recreation, Intramural, and Club Sports within the Wellness and Recreation center will be hiring student assistants for Intramural Sports. Student assistants will serve as sports officials for their primary role, and will score keep, advertise and recruit as a secondary role in this position. Officials are responsible for the enforcement of rules governing major team sports such as volleyball, flag football, basketball, and indoor/outdoor soccer. Official shirts and whistles are provided. Training and evaluation will also be provided.Responsibilities
- Assist in setup and break down of all intramural events.
- Assist in marketing and promotion of intramural events.
- Scorekeeping, timekeeping, officiating, and site supervision will be required.
- Knowledge of rules and the operation of intramural sports offered
- Attend workshops and trainings as required.
- High school graduate or GED required
- Must be enrolled a minimum of 6 credits at Georgia Gwinnett College
- Must be in good academic standing and maintain good academic standing for the duration of employment.
- Student job applicants and student employees must be in good standing with the campus Office of Student Conduct.
- Good time management, written, and verbal skills
- Must have current or be willing to complete Standard First Aid Training
- Must have current or be willing to complete CPR Certification
- Must have current or be willing to complete Blood borne Pathogen Training
Applicant possesses experience or working knowledge of the rules involved in sports such as: Basketball, Dodgeball, Flag Football, Soccer, Softball, and Volleyball.
Prior experience working as an official, referee, or umpire.
Student Staff with GGC Intramural Sports will:
1. Understand and demonstrate leadership skills in an ever-changing environment.
2. Understand and demonstrate teamwork skills in an ever-changing environment.
3. Understand and demonstrate good communication skills both supervisors and coworkers.
4. Utilize good time management and planning skills.
Leadership is defined as: The ability to motivate people to work together to reach a common goal; to lead by example and with authority and respect
Teamwork is defined as: Being able to work together and compromise to reach a solution; being able to count on others to be responsible
Good Communication is defined as: Being able to convey your intentions and ideas effectively; being able to respectfully listen to others' ideas or problems
Assessment Tools: Utilization of good time management and planning skills will be determined in conjunction with performance evaluations (self, peer and supervisor). Pre-assessments (to be completed during trainings prior to the start of each respective intramural sport league).
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of a background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with Georgia Gwinnett College, as determined by Georgia Gwinnett College in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.
Offers are made expressly subject to the applicable federal and state laws, to the statutes, rules and regulations of this institution and to the Bylaws and Policies of the Board of Regents (BOR) of the University System of Georgia (USG), which are available for your inspection upon request.
Georgia Gwinnett College is an equal employment, equal access, equal educational opportunity, and affirmative action institution. It is the policy and practice of our institution to recruit, hire, train, promote, retain, and educate persons without regard to race, color, national or ethnical origin, age, disability, sex/gender, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or veteran status as required by applicable state and federal laws (including Title VI, Title VII, Title IX, ADA, Sections 503 and 504 of the Rehabilitation Act, AREA, and Executive Order 11246 ). For questions or more detailed information regarding this policy, please contact the Georgia Gwinnett College Human Resources Team at (678) 407.5070 or email [email protected] Individuals requiring disability related accommodations for participation in any event or to obtain print materials in an alternative format, please contact the Payroll and Benefits at (678) 407.5070 or email [email protected] Any individual who feels that they may have been discriminated against, should contact the Office of Diversity & Equity Compliance at [email protected]