AV Tech and Events Coordinator
EVENT COORDINATORPosition Number:
University StaffJob Type:
Rogers Park-Lake Shore CampusDepartment Name:
STUDENT COMPLEXESLocation Code:
STUDENT COMPLEXES (03904A)Is this split and/or fully grant funded? :
NoDuties and Responsibilities:
AV/IT support services
- Assembles, operates, and maintains audio-visual equipment .
- Solves a range of straightforward problems. – - Analyzes possible solutions using standard procedures.
- Connect laptops and other technology to AV equipment (screens, projectors, sound system, electronic boards) to support events
- Assist with the IT technology management of the event scheduling system 25Live Pro & website support/updating/maintenance for all website within Student Complex.
- Knowledge of how to operate standard av equipment (sound board, wired podiums, digital sound panels, portable sound equipment, screens, projectors, mote boxes, etc.) and the ability to trouble shoot technical challenges if equipment needs support
- Installs, operates, and troubleshoots audio-visual systems, such as video conferencing, digital media and desktop and network-based technologies.
- Assist faculty, staff, and students with setup and operation of AV equipment, including cameras, microphones, powered speakers, video projectors, video and audio recording equipment, cabling, and adapters; provide assistance with AV needs during events and functions such as computing events, meetings and conventions, presentations, and news conferences.
- Set up and operate digital sound equipment, including mixing sound for both recording and live sound reinforcement; set up microphones and stands as needed for events; monitor sound feeds throughout events.
- During recorded/streamed events, operate PTZ cameras and video switcher, actively monitoring the event and switching cameras as appropriate; utilize DVE to show laptop feed as well; discuss video production standards with management and needs with event staff.
- Configure lighting equipment as needed to optimize for both in-person attendees and video capture needs.
- Proactively test equipment and ensure fully operational status.
- Clean, store, and maintain inventory of audio and video equipment.
- Perform minor post-production work on audio and video recordings, such as trimming, audio leveling, inserting title sequences, and compressing for online viewing.
- Work with/train student AV team.
Event support services
- Assist with scheduling and events coordination and support through 25 for specific buildings/campuses (e.g., WTC, HSC, Athletics Facilities, etc.) for events.
- Work closely with campus partners including facilities, catering, media, public safety, and college liaisons on event and guest housing information when needed.
- Track and maintain facility related inventory (tables, chairs, mics, podium, etc) that is critical to the support of events. This includes but not limited to various technology and audio-visual, and other general support equipment.
– Assist the WTC & HSC with events, housing support and client services when needed.
- Assist with student schedules for event support including room setups and audio-visual.
- Assist with training and working the student Ambassador Staff program. The Ambassador program aids guests, students, staff and faculty through safety measures, protocols, and guidelines during state of emergency or pandemic situations.
- Assist with COVID-19 collection sites, directing the student ambassador staff in daily operational support, and guaranteeing that each are following all regulations and HIPPA laws
- Maintain a flexible work schedule to support all events, games, practices, including daytime and evenings events, early arrival load-ins, late night event loadouts, overnights setup/changeovers.
High School Diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor’s degree preferred. 1-2 years of event and/or housing (hotel, hospitality industry) experience.Qualifications:
- Knowledge and experience working with digital sound boards, or 1+ years experience
- Knowledge and experience mixing live or recorded sound, or 1+ years experience
- Knowledge and experience working with AV equipment (cameras, lighting, ect)
- Knowledge and experience with up-to-date audio equipment and technologies
- Troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Detail-oriented and efficient
- Ability and willingness to lead and train student av team
Digital Sound Board & Mixing Live or Recorded Sound: 1 year (Preferred)Supervisory Responsibilities:
YesRequired operation of university owned vehicles:
NoDoes this position require direct animal or patient contact? :
Lifting, Carrying, Standing, Climbing, Crawling/Kneeling, Repetitive MotionsWorking Conditions:
Lighting, Irregular HoursOpen Date:
12/23/2020Quick Link for Posting: