DescriptionUniversity of Colorado – School of MedicineDepartment of Emergency Medicine Clinical Faculty PositionAssistant Professor, Associate Professor or ProfessorPosition: 00779739
The University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds. The Department of Emergency Medicine at the University of Colorado School of Medicine is currently recruiting emergency medicine physicians in the clinical series. This position will work as a full-time clinical faculty in the Department of Emergency Medicine at any UCHealth site of practice, which may include virtual platforms of care. The successful candidate will be an excellent clinician who collaborates well within teams to deliver the highest quality of emergency care to every patient, every time. Candidates interested in primarily academic positions, please apply to the open rank academic faculty position listed on the CU Careers website under Job ID# 19612 Job Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Salary and Benefits:
- Serve as an attending in the emergency department at one of the approved sites, including: any affiliated free-standing emergency department, virtual health care, Broomfield Hospital, Highlands Ranch Hospital, or the University of Colorado Hospital.
- Actively participate in efforts to improve patient safety, clinical quality and patient experience and provide leadership of at least one project annually, if requested by the Chair or designee.
- Participate in the rotating sick call coverage schedule per departmental or practice site guidelines, if applicable.
- Complete necessary CME per departmental and/or practice site guidelines.
- Serve as a committee member as needed by the Department or practice site on an ad hoc basis.
The hiring rate (or budgeted rate) for this position has been established at $251,059.The above salary rate represents the University’s good faith and reasonable estimate of the rate at the time of posting.The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services
.University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background checks for all new employees prior to their employment.The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line. Benefits: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/benefits
.Total Compensation Calculator: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/total-compensationDiversity and Equity:
Please click here for information on disability accommodations: https://www1.ucdenver.edu/offices/human-resources/employee-relations-performance/ada-compliance
Office of Equity: https://www1.ucdenver.edu/offices/equity
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
Required Competencies/Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Current Colorado Medical License, or ability to obtain prior to start date
- Completion of an emergency medicine residency
- Board prepared or certified by the American Board of Emergency Medicine
- Doctorate Degree
- Must be able to provide a Dossier for School of Medicine committee review
Possess a strong dedication to clinical activities, including providing care to adult and pediatric patients. Competent in bedside teaching of learners including residents and medical students. Preferred Qualifications:
Applicants must meet minimum qualifications at the time of hire. Job Category:
- A track record of excellent clinical performance
Feb 25, 2021Unposting Date: