Grant Project Director
Hudson County Community College
Position Vacancy Notice
Grant Project Director
Date: January 06, 2021
Hudson County Community College (HCCC) is an award-winning, comprehensive urban college serving one of the most historic and ethnically diverse areas of the United States. HCCC has three campuses located just minutes from Manhattan: the Journal Square campus in Jersey City and North Hudson Campus in Union City are adjacent to vital transportation hubs; the Secaucus campus has abundant parking.
Fully accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education, HCCC serves more than 18,000 credit and non-credit students annually. The College offers more than 60 degree and certificate programs, including award-winning English as a Second Language, STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics), Culinary Arts/Hospitality Management, Nursing and Health Sciences, and Fine and Performing Arts. The HCCC Culinary/Hospitality Management program was ranked number six in the U.S. by Best Choice Schools. Over 94% of HCCC Nursing program graduates passed the NCLEX first time out, placing the program’s graduates in the top tier of two- and four-year nursing programs nationwide. In 2017, the Equality of Opportunity Project ranked HCCC in the top 5% of 2,200 U.S. higher education institutions for social mobility. In 2019, the College joined Achieving the Dream as part of its expanding efforts towards continuous improvement in ensuring student success.
HCCC has partnerships with every major four-year college and university in the greater New Jersey-New York area and beyond, accommodating seamless transfer of credits for further undergraduate and graduate education.
The College has been recognized with numerous national and state awards for excellence in student success programming, diversity, and equity, educational innovativeness, facilities design, and communications from the Association of Community College Trustees, American Association of Community Colleges, Association of College and Research Libraries, National College Learning Association, National Council of Teachers of English, College Advertising Awards, New Jersey Business & Industry Association, and others.
Hudson County Community College is proud of its culture of care and invites applications from those wishing to join a community dedicated to promoting student success in all its forms.
The Division of Continuing Education and Workforce Development is an exciting and entrepreneurial office within the College, which offers a wide variety of non-credit classes, training courses, seminars, webinars, and pathways to a degree program for community members and businesses. These offerings are focused on revitalizing careers, upgrading skills and credentials, growing businesses, and pursuing pastimes and passions. Additionally, the HCCC Center for Business & Industry (CBI) is the area leader in developing and delivering educational classes and programs for Hudson County’s businesses, organizations, and individuals. Join a winning team focused on serving the educational training needs of the Hudson County community.
Position Summary/Job Description
This position is a unique opportunity for an experienced leader to administer a large-scale program with high visibility in the College community. The program will have a tremendous impact and deliver outcomes for students, alumni, and residents of Hudson County. Reporting to the Dean, Continuing Education and Workforce Development, the Grant Project Director will lead a team of skilled professionals and will be responsible for developing new processes, forming partnerships, and working with a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders. The Grant Project Director will be expected to meet performance measures and deliverables in accordance with funder regulations, program requirements, and Hudson County Community College (HCCC) policies and procedures. The Project Director will direct and oversee all aspects of program implementation. Duties for the Director will include managing overall grant efforts, optimizing grant outcomes, preparing project plans and reports, ensuring compliance with grant regulations, and developing a high-functioning team. This is a grant-funded position.
- Supervise program staff members and work in coordination with other current grants to leverage the project's work.
- Build a strong team through collaboration and motivation.
- Manage the project and deliverables, based on the funder guidelines.
- Plan program from start to finish, including identifying processes, deadlines, and milestones.
- Identify and implement best practices.
- Develop and approve operational budgets.
- Work with all internal offices and external partners to communicate the goals and outcomes of the project.
- Administer project budget according to Grantor Regulations and College policies and procedures. This includes: predictive budget analysis, efficient resource allocations, and balancing all tasks within the scope of the project activities.
- Develop, implement, and manage internal project processes to ensure compliance with relevant College and grant-related rules and regulations. (i.e., eligibility, purchasing, equipment inventory, closing documents, and external contract vendors).
- Lead and host Grant Project Committee meetings.
- Develop and document internal project processes.
- Evaluate performance measures and deliverables on a weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual basis.
- Prepare and submit all monthly, quarterly, and annual reports required by the funder by posted deadlines.
- Work with grant accountant to ensure financial compliance and budget monitoring.
- Maintain all grant records to the standard of being audit-ready.
- Work with the college community, instructors, and key personnel to keep the project on track and meeting its deliverables.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree: required in any industry/field.
- 10 Years of Experience: related work experience in grant management/administration and budgeting/fiscal management. Experience in higher education especially regarding issues related to student supports, persistence and completion, workforce development, low-income, and/or first-generation college populations.
- Bi-lingual preferred: Spanish / Arabic languages are a priority for the community.
- Technology Skills: The department relies on technology to scale its efforts. We need individuals skilled in database management, spreadsheets, video conferencing, email management, word processing, electronic presentations, and knowledge of Salesforce.
- Engagement Skills: This concept is robust and inclusive – the ability to build and maintain relationships and partnerships demands customer services skills and marketing skills. Attention to detail and ability to write well impacts engagement.
- Flexibility: HCCC strives to be agile and flex to the evolving needs of internal and external constituents, community, and changes in the labor market. We want you if you can thrive in environments that change.
- Strategic Thinking: We are a culture of continuous improvement. Your thoughtful attention to program challenges, the contribution of ideas, having a vision, and setting goals are significant to the college’s growth.
- Knowledge of state, federal, and/or state-local funding guidelines and impeccable reputation with regard to ethics and integrity
- Excellent organizational, leadership, and interpersonal skills.
- Master’s (or higher) degree in Business Administration, public policy, or related field.
- Previous management experience of a grant portfolio with a multi-million budget.
Closing Date of Applications
Posted until the position is filled
Review of applications to begin
For full consideration please send resume, cover letter, salary expectations, and a list of three professional references to Madeline Carchia, Email: [email protected], Phone Number: (201)360-5327.
As a New Jersey First Act Employer, new employees must establish a primary residence in New Jersey within one year unless an exemption applies.
HCCC is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We are committed to ensuring a diverse and inclusive learning and working environment. Decisions on employment are made on the basis of the qualifications of an individual for the particular position being filled. Women, veterans, and minorities are encouraged to apply.