Security Analyst Intermediate - Security Awareness Coordinator
Job location: Charlottesville, VA - Remote - Virginia
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-01-07
UVA Medical Center is seeking a Security Analyst Intermediate/Security Awareness Coordinator. The Security Coordinator will assist in maintaining application accesses for Information Systems supported by Computing Services. At this level, the individual has in-depth knowledge and is solving more complex problems with minimal guidance. The individual can work independently and may be a resource for lower-level or newer team members. Preferably candidates should be interested in overseeing the development of an ongoing Information Security awareness Program to include the development of annual information security training and CBT modules and periodic phishing simulations. Preferred candidates will be eager to assist the Information Security Manager in updating new employee onboarding security training material plans and would be excited to develop content, engage others, and conduct presentations in support of information security education/awareness outreach.
- Maintains data security tables and files for control access to production and test applications.
- Access Request Forms and VPN Request Forms are processed within 24 hours of receipt and the customer is notified of access facilitated.
- Access information is recorded within 24 hours of facilitating user access.
- Reviews customer access to computerized applications.
- Access review lists for all application users are generated for supervisors to review and correct annually.
- Termination reports are reviewed weekly to remove application access for all terminated employees.
- Account inactivity is reviewed monthly to delete inactive accounts with >120 days since the last password change.
- Provides customer support reconciling access issues both on the job and scheduled on-call.
- Application access issues, VPN access issues, and application password issues for the customer are resolved in 30 minutes 90% of the time.
- In addition to the above job responsibilities, other duties may be assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Three years of relevant experience in information technology, project management, or technical writing.
Job requires sitting for prolonged periods. Proficient communicative, auditory and visual skills; Attention to detail and ability to write legibly.
The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System which represents the UVA Medical Center, Schools of Medicine and Nursing, UVA Physician’s Group and the Claude Moore Health Sciences Library, are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.