Coordinator, Online and Micro-Campus Programs (Academic Programs Officer I)
Medicine AdministrationDepartment Website Link:
UAHS - TucsonAddress:
University of Arizona Health Sciences, Tucson, AZ USAPosition Highlights:
The Program Coordinator, Senior will support the College of Medicine-Tucson's global academic efforts in undergraduate and graduate public education including its online, microcampus and study abroad programs. This position works closely with various university-level offices, colleges, and international institutions of higher education to develop and implement education and student-centered partnerships.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work‐life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.Duties & Responsibilities:
Prep for Online and Micro-campus Programs:
- Identify and liaise with departments, faculty and staff interested in online, micro-campus and global programs
- Coordinate course development with departments and faculty for online, micro-campus and global programs.
- Identify and maintain network of individuals, offices and departments involved in online, micro-campus and global programs development, implementation and assessment.
Facilitation of Course Development & Faculty Resources (Online & Micro-campus):
- Collaborate with departments across colleges to identify course and content needs and larger education and program goals.
- Work with departments and with the Office of Digital Learning to facilitate course development and implementation.
- Assist faculty with D2L; host trainings, walk through and create tutorial materials for faculty use.
- Participate in academic department presentations; including meeting with individual faculty to solicit support and buy-in for online and micro-campus initiatives.
- Work closely with academic departments administrative staff to provide guidance in the approval, modification and development of courses; includes obtaining appropriate UAccess provisioning.
- Assist with course assessment and ordering of Teacher Course Evaluations (where appropriate).
- Coordinate with Location Managers within UA and UAHS Global Office to ensure department/college is on track to launch.
- Create and coordinate online and micro-campus new course approval process for college.
- Work with faculty and staff to communicate new course approval, course modification and scheduling timelines.
- Coordinate travel and arrange meetings with international partners as needed; usually completed in conjunction with UA Global.
- Monitor and provide enrollment reports for online and micro-campus courses.
- Monitor expenses and track accounts for online and micro-campus programs.
- Up to 1 year of relevant work experience required.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent advanced learning attained through experience required.
* Bachelor’s or Master's Degree in management, higher education or other relevant area.* Two-years of experience with coordinating higher education programs.* Experience in administering distance education programs.* Experience with international programs.* Project management certification.* Grant writing experience.* Experience with monitoring budgets.*Demonstrated ability to multi-task, be flexible and meet deadlines.*Great communicator.*Experience with developing institutional relationships.FLSA:
ExemptFull Time/Part Time:
Full TimeNumber of Hours Worked per Week:
Academic AdministrationBenefits Eligible:
Yes - Full BenefitsRate of Pay:
$42,007 - $58,343Compensation Type:
salary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE)Grade:
7Career Stream and Level:
Academic Program MgmtJob Function:
Academic AdministrationType of criminal background check required::
Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)Number of Vacancies:
1Target Hire Date:
Expected End Date:
Contact Information for Candidates:
Richard Chavez | [email protected]Open Date:
12/22/2020Open Until Filled:
YesDocuments Needed to Apply:
Resume and Cover LetterSpecial Instructions to Applicant:
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.