Community Outreach Assistant II (UPDATED)
Yavapai County OfficeDepartment Website Link:
County Extensions and FarmsAddress:
2830 N. Commonwealth Dr #103, Camp Verde, AZ 86322 USAPosition Highlights:
Please note: This req has been updated to clarify correct address. The correct address is 2830 N. Commonwealth Dr. #103, Camp Verde, AZ 86322.
Community Outreach Assistant II (Instructional Specialist), will be responsible for delivering nutrition, physical activity and other related programming to in Yavapai. This position will report to and assist the Yavapai County SNAP-Ed Program Coordinator to implement the Yavapai County Cooperative Extension SNAP-Ed work plan as approved by The AZ Health Zone. The AZ Health Zone supports collaborative partnerships that work toward building resilient communities using the lens of health equity. The program looks to deepen the Policy, System, and Environmental (PSE) impact in communities using multi-level interventions. This will be achieved through engagement in communities with limited resources and the adoption of trauma-aware principles to ensure interventions meet individuals and families where they are at and avoid harm. This position will conduct community outreach and deliver AZ Health Zone programming with an emphasis in reaching young children, their families and early childhood education settings to foster the adoption of behavior changes and learning of life skills specific to healthy living on a limited budget. This position will also coordinate with other Yavapai County Cooperative Extension faculty and staff to deliver or assist with the delivery of other Family, Consumer and Health Sciences-related programs.
Outstanding UA benefitsinclude health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance anddisability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAUtuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state andoptional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; andmore!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work‐lifeprograms. For more information about working at the University of Arizona andrelocations services, please visit http://www.whyua.arizona.edu/.
- Deliver SNAP-Ed programmingto qualified participants emphasizing nutrition education programs that reachyoung children, their families/caregivers, and early childhood educationsettings.
- Assist Program Coordinator in the policy, systems, and environment (PSE)work to support healthy eating and physical activity as outlined in the YavapaiCounty AZHZ work plan. This includes providing qualified sites/entities withtechnical assistance training and resource coordination; meeting with communitypartners and key stakeholders; and engaging with other AZHZ local implementingagencies and subcommittees in regional and collaborative work.
- Maintain complete and accurate program records to be submitted monthly;assists with quarterly and annual reports for the program; assists with otherreporting as needed.
- Coordinate with other Family, Consumer and Health Sciences faculty and staffto deliver community-based programming focused on early childhood, healthyliving, food safety, eating on a budget or other Family, Consumer and HealthSciences-related topics.
- High school diploma or equivalent, or equivalent learning attained through experience required.
- Ability to drive according to the University Fleet Safety Policy https://risk.arizona.edu/sites/default/files/fleetsafetypolicy.
Bachelors Degree in Field of studyFLSA:
Non-ExemptFull Time/Part Time:
Full TimeNumber of Hours Worked per Week:
Agriculture and ExtensionBenefits Eligible:
Yes - Full BenefitsRate of Pay:
3Career Stream and Level:
Cmty OutreachJob Function:
Outreach & Community EngageType of criminal background check required::
Fingerprint criminal background check (security sensitive due to title or department)Number of Vacancies:
1Target Hire Date:
1/25/2021Expected End Date:
Contact Information for Candidates:
12/23/2020Open Until Filled:
YesDocuments Needed to Apply:
Resume, Cover Letter, and Three Additional DocumentsSpecial Instructions to Applicant:
Please attach a cover letter, resume and three professional references as the additional three documents.
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.