EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR, EDUCATION
University of California Irvine
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR, EDUCATION
Updated: Dec 13, 2020
Location: UC Irvine Campus
Job Opening ID: 12398
Reports To: HS CLIN PROF-HCOMP
Working Title: Executive Director, Education
Bargaining Unit: 99
Payroll Job Code: 006560
Job Location: UCI Campus- Irvine
Percent of Time: 100%
Work Schedule: 8-5, M-F
Employee Class: Career
UCI's Susan and Henry Samueli College of Health Sciences is translating the tripartite mission—Discover-Teach-Heal—into the diverse healthcare workforce of the future and groundbreaking scientific discoveries. Creating a first-of-its-kind alliance across health disciplines, the college comprises the School of Medicine, the Sue & Bill Gross School of Nursing, the recently-launched School of Pharmacy & Pharmaceutical Sciences, the future School of Population & Public Health (scheduled to be accredited in 2021), the Susan Samueli Integrative Health Institute, and research units focused on cancer, clinical translational science, precision health, and stem cells. In robust synergy with UCI Health, the only academic medical center in Orange County, UCI is transforming education, discovery, and patient care to benefit the region, state, and nation.
The Executive Director of Education is responsible for advancing the educational and student support objectives of the Office of Education in the Susan and Henry Samueli College of Health Sciences. The incumbent provides the highest level of operational and strategic leadership: ensures priorities are defined and aligned with the appropriate level of resources; designs and implements processes for operational effectiveness; provides college-level oversight of accreditation; manages the Inter-professional Education Council; designs, develops, and implements college-wide academic programs and initiatives; collaborates with faculty directors to lead the Educational Technology Division; and oversees the Student Support Division including student mental health and wellness, registrar, financial aid, and learning skills.
Commensurate with experience
- 7-10 years of experience with compliance, accreditation and program development.
- PhD, EdD, or other doctoral degree in related area. Education in computer science or education technology preferred.
- In-depth knowledge of health professions education industry, including educational concepts, curriculum, and competencies across multiple health professions.
- Critical thinking skills to improve upon organization best practices.
- In-depth knowledge of campus, medical center, HR and university policies and processes.
- Knowledge of relevant federal, state and local laws and regulations including national accrediting organizations and state and federal licensing and regulatory offices.
- Skills in employee development to grow assigned manager and supervisor leadership skills, leading and guiding them to achieve objectives and manage conflicts.
- Strategic abilities to collaborate with senior management on setting objectives.
- Ability to set goals and manage the implementation process for initiatives.
- Highly adaptive and ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Models ability to adapt to new challenges in innovative ways.
- Skills to organize, simplify and increase efficiency of program processes and procedures while maintaining standards and compliance.
- Interpersonal skills to maintain professional relationships with peers, learners, multidisciplinary team members, senior management, and assigned staff and coordinate education activities across health professions programs.
- Ability to work collaboratively and promote others, soliciting and incorporating their ideas when appropriate.
- Strong ability to quickly evaluate complex issues and identify multiple options for resolution.
- Ability to solve problems when no precedent exists.
- Verbal and written communication skills to address critical and sensitive situations.
- Strong abilities to actively listen, and change the thinking of, or gain acceptance from others.
- Advanced knowledge of current and emerging educational technologies to enhance teaching and learning practices.
- Advanced ability to facilitate educational technology opportunities using technology-based solutions.
Final candidate subject to background check. As a federal contractor, UC Irvine is required to use E-Verify to confirm the work status of individuals assigned to perform substantial work under certain federal contracts/subcontracts.
The University of California, Irvine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy.
UCI provides reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities upon request. For more information, please contact Human Resources at (949) 824-0500.
To apply, visit https://careersucirvine.ttcportals.com/jobs/5775818-executive-director-education
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency