Vice President, Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Vice President, Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
The Vice President for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion position will serve as a thought leader who has responsibility and accountability to bring together best practices and initiatives to enhance diversity, equity and inclusion on all three university campuses. This position reports directly to Pacific's President and will be a participant in the President's cabinet.
The Vice President for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion will lead and foster collaborative dialogue, steering the development of cultural competence and antiracism among our faculty, students, and staff, integrating individual beliefs and actions to align with the university mission and values.
The role of this position is to deepen our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion and to empower persons who may have been marginalized.
The Vice President will nurture positive, transparent and cooperative relationships; navigate difficult conversations and tough situations with compassion and astuteness; demonstrating skill in motivating and unifying people across multiple campuses around a strategic vision; and utilize data and research to inform analysis leading to the development of measurable goals and systems of accountability.
Anticipated activities include:
• Collaborate with university cabinet leadership, faculty, staff and students towards becoming an institution free of bias towards marginalized groups, including but not exclusive to LGBTQ+, gender identity/expression, and religion.
• Partnering with appropriate stakeholders to ensure diversity, equity, and inclusion are well infused in university policies, processes and academic systems, which drive these efforts creating an environment of equal voice and value, and accountability of action.
• Continue and expand efforts externally to embrace the diverse community we are engaged in, and to ensure we are advancing social justice in the community.
• Work collaboratively with the university's Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Committee and champions of diversity in our schools, and student life, alumni, faculty, staff and students to broaden the scope of our impact in diversity, equity, and inclusion.
• Set the standard of cultural competence using clear messaging, initiating dialogue, and training, while enabling a sense of belonging for all members of the Pacific community.
• Examine and strengthen diversification efforts as identified in the University's Affirmative Action Plans and holding ourselves accountable to meeting our goals.
• Promote cultural competence both within our organization and externally, providing a positive impact on the communities we serve.
Advanced degree in related field
10+ years of progressively responsible work experience in diversity, equity and inclusion positions in higher education.
An earned doctorate or terminal degree in area of study with eligibility of faculty appointment within their discipline.
A proven track record of: leading diversity initiatives resulting in transformative change; invigorating others towards building a community of respect, fostering inclusion, and promoting equity; supporting a learning environment where social justice and the practice of valuing all people are embraced.
The physical demands described here are representative but not definitive of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work Environment/Work Week/Travel:
Work primarily in an office environment, occasional travel expected, Mon-Friday, some weekends and evenings work may be required.
Hiring Range: Commensurate with experience, exempt
Background Check Statement:
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment are required to execute a release and authorization for a background screening.
To apply, visit https://pacific.peopleadmin.com/postings/18288
University of the Pacific is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
University of the Pacific is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity. In compliance with applicable law and its own policy, Pacific is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty and staff and does not discriminate in its hiring of faculty and staff, or in the provision of its employment benefits to its faculty and staff on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sex/gender, marital status, military and veteran status, sexual orientation, medical condition, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, or mental or physical disability.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency