Admissions Specialist - Student Services
Admissions Specialist - Student Services
Position Summary:The Admissions Specialist will evaluate application materials for National & Global Education programs to determine the acceptance or denial status of students.
This position reports to the Coordinator of Evaluation.
High School Diploma required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Evaluate all candidate files for admission. Have proficient knowledge of all National & Global programs in order to determine student eligibility into individual programs.Enter admissions data for applicants into the university student information system.Calculate an overall grade point average for student applicants.Review applicants work experience for admission to the program.Determine general education deficiencies for undergraduate students.Determine what transferable credits can be counted toward pre-requisites.Evaluate military service training.Evaluate assessed learning credit for potential transfer.Prepare student evaluation forms and all communication with students regarding acceptance.Determine provisional acceptances.Enter all transfer work into system.Process change of program applications – re-evaluate student files under current requirements of intended program.Evaluate transcripts post-acceptance to determine potential additional transfer credit.Coordinate with enrollment areas on acceptance issues and current student status.Prepare student evaluations on all applicants and ensure the continued accuracy of the evaluation throughout the length of the program.Work with the Coordinator of Evaluation to process files that need to go to the Admission Review Committees.Work with academic advising staff to solve credit transfer questions.Work with other schools to obtain and clarify needed information to determine acceptance status and transfer-ability of credit.Prepare personal admission report of all activity each day.Prepare and process admissions communication for students.Coordinate and distribute daily and monthly admissions decisions master reports.Prepare and scan all admission materials into document imaging system.Create and send admission decision documents to applicants.
According to Indiana Wesleyan University employment policy all employees must possess a strong Christian commitment and adhere to the standards outlined in the IWU Community Lifestyle Statement.
- Maintains a high level of accuracy and attention to detail, consistently reviewing work to detect errors, oversights or omissions.
- Collaborates well with others.
- Willingly assists in various responsibilities as appropriate within the Department.
- Develops and nurtures an effective, productive and respectful rapport and working relationship with students, faculty, and staff co-workers, and various campus and community constituencies maintaining appropriate level of professionalism.
- Demonstrates superior interpersonal and organizational skills, a sense of humor, flexibility, and creativity.
- Demonstrates strong verbal, written, telephone, and electronic (email and internet) communication skills and strengths in public speaking.
- Takes immediate and independent action when necessary by assuming initiative for creative problem solving.
- Accomplishes tasks with follow-through to completion.
- Adapts willingly and quickly to changing priorities, responsibilities, and functions. within the department and/or position.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Ability to multi-task in a busy environment with multiple interruptions.
- Advanced computer skills with working experience in word processing, spreadsheets, database usage, e-mail, Internet, etc.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of student and faculty information.
LIMITATIONS AND DISCLAIMER
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification.They should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. In addition, nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any time.
Indiana Wesleyan University is committed to equal opportunity in employment and maintaining a work environment free from all forms of unlawful discrimination.Accordingly, the University affords equal opportunity to all employees and prospective employees without regard to race, sex, color, national or ethnic origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
These have access to all the rights, privileges, and programs generally made available to employees at the University.It does not discriminate in the administration of its policies, programs, nor during any phase of employment, including hiring, promotion, demotion, treatment during employment, rates of pay or other compensation, and termination of employment.
As an educational institution operating under The Wesleyan Church, Indiana Wesleyan University reserves and exercises its privileges under applicable law to prefer employees on the basis of religion and who are best suited to its religious purpose.
Indiana Wesleyan University is an Equal Opportunity Employer