Job Title: Maintenance Assistant
Location: Green Bay
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 602224
Job Title Updated - 1-18-21
Position #: 06100239
Reports To: Manager, Maintenance
Amount of Travel Required: approximately 4 days/month
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt – 40 hours
Positions Supervised: None
Salary Grade: A
Position #: 06100244-Green Bay
LOCATION: Green Bay Campus
STANDARD HOURS: 40 hours per week. Monday-Friday 2:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m.; Flexibility to work other hours as needed.
STARTING RATE OF PAY*: $15.26 - $19.00/hour
*Current benefit eligible employees will be placed within the pay range based on their current rate/range.
Required online application available on website: www.nwtc.edu/jobs
Northeast Wisconsin Technical College is committed to promoting a learning environment where employees and students of differing perspectives and cultural backgrounds pursue career and academic goals embraced in an environment of respect and shared inquiry.
The College is seeking to attract ethnically diverse instructors and staff who can inspire our increasingly diverse student populationPOSITION SUMMARY
Maintenance Assistant will respond to maintenance requests to maintain a safe and functional workplace. Assist NWTC staff with general maintenance activities. Open/close locations as needed for College operations or events. Maintain grounds by the safe operation of equipment including mowers, handheld power equipment, trimmers and a variety of snow equipment. Ability to Identify and complete maintenance tasks as needed. Assist with custodial tasks as necessary.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the functions identified in the job description.Essential Functions Statement(s) Job duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Perform preventive maintenance on all equipment, facilities vehicles and buildings to ensure proper operation and functionality, building systems operate efficiently, or the physical condition of buildings does not deteriorate
- Open/close locations and provide campus security as needed.Assist staff/students when emergencies arise.
- Interior maintenance including; lighting, interior finishes, painting, electrical, cabling, furniture repair, etc.
- Exterior maintenance including; general grounds work, snow removal, building envelope maintenance, painting, etc.
- Respond in a timely manner to work requests, providing service as needed to the customer’s satisfaction.
- Safety First operation of vehicles and grounds equipment, with all work being completed per applicable safety regulations and applicable building codes.
- Written, Oral, and Electronic communication to keep teammates and management informed about project status, equipment repairs, general building concerns and emergencies as they arise.
- Understanding of HVACR systems. Maintenance of these systems.
- Values - Demonstrate behaviors and action that support the College’s values - Customer Focus, Everyone Has Worth, Passion and Inspiration, Collaboration, Emotional Intelligence, Results and Accountability, Valuing Talent and Well Being, and Ethics.Student Success – Demonstrate behaviors and actions that support student recruitment, retention, and student success initiatives.
- Accuracy - Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Customer Oriented - Ability to take care of the customers’ needs while following company procedures.
- Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- Reliability - The trait of being dependable and trustworthy.
- Self-Motivated - Ability to be internally inspired to perform a task to the best of ones ability using his or her own drive or initiative. Time Management - Ability to utilize the available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines.
- Must hold a valid driver’s license and be insurable under the Districts Mutual Insurance and Risk Management Services’ terms.
- Currently have, or the ability to obtain, Forklift and Aerial Lift Certification(s).