Research Data Support Specialist II - Gastroenterology and Hepatology (Part Time)
MedicineDepartment Website Link:Location:
UAHS - TucsonAddress:
University of Arizona Health Sciences, Tucson, AZ 85724 USAPosition Highlights:
The Division of Gastroenterology is seeking candidates for a Research Data Support Specialist II that will work with a team of experienced researchers, nurses, and doctors. A successful candidate will perform a variety of activities associated with gathering, entering, reviewing, and reconciling research data. The candidate will be responsible for maintaining a research and patient database, provide data and reports to researchers, administrators and others as requested, and coordinate and manage a monthly, multi-institutional, live video conference.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work‐life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.Duties & Responsibilities:
- Examine outpatient provider schedules to ensure providers complete the appropriate forms for eligible patients for database registry
- Input clinical data obtained by providers into the database
- Participate and take initiative in quality control measures of the database
- Query the database to pull data for researchers, collaborators, and administrators
- Coordinate, organize and schedule multi-institutional and monthly conference meetings
- Disseminate communication at routine intervals for conference
- Communicate effectively with a wide range of health care providers for the conference
- Ensure continuing medical education compliance of the conference
- Develop interval evaluation reports of the conference
- Help establish a website for the conference
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience required.
- High school diploma or equivalent, or equivalent learning attained through experience required.
- Experience in data entry and data organization - Highly organized and able to manage multiple tasks at once - Experience in communicating effectively with a wide range of individualsFLSA:
Non-ExemptFull Time/Part Time:
Part TimeNumber of Hours Worked per Week:
Yes - Full BenefitsRate of Pay:
$14.38 -$19.96Compensation Type:
4Career Stream and Level:
Research & Data AnalysisJob Function:
ResearchType of criminal background check required::
Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)Number of Vacancies:
1Target Hire Date:
Expected End Date:
Contact Information for Candidates:
Karena Nespoli | [email protected]Open Date:
12/21/2020Open Until Filled:
YesDocuments Needed to Apply:
Resume, Cover Letter, and One Additional DocumentSpecial Instructions to Applicant:
Along with submitting your Resume and Cover Letter; Please provide the name and contact information for three professional references. The hiring department will contact references as needed.Diversity Statement:
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.