Director, Social Media
CommunicationsDepartment Website Link:
Tucson, AZ USAPosition Highlights:
The University of Arizona’s Marketing & Communications division is seeking a Social Media Director. As a major voice for the University of Arizona brand, this role is crucial to building awareness, increasing engagement and driving campaign metrics. But what sets this role apart is the opportunity to build a community with other social media managers on campus — deploying cohesive campaigns in one unified voice.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work‐life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Buildand engage audiences for the University of Arizona’s social media accounts
- Produceand post social media content daily
- Buildrelationships, community and processes with fellow University of Arizona socialmedia leaders
- Useanalytics to demonstrate social media’s success and areas for improvement
- Ownthe social media crisis-communication plan
- Work to influence others within and outside of the job function regarding policies,standards and processes
- Communicate across campus colleges, divisions or departments and external contacts as well
- Communicate with management and leadership, and other key stakeholders
- Work is performed withoutappreciable direction
- Exercise considerable latitude indetermining objectives and approaches
- Workmay be reviewed at a high level. Might supervise 1 - 2 individuals who providetactical / operational support
- Maintain thoroughknowledge of all job functions and broad industry best practices, techniquesand standards
- Transfer knowledge and application of complex principles, theoriesand concepts to peers
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent advanced learning attained through professional level experience required
- Minimum of eight years of relevant work experience in social media content production, strategy, planning and execution.
ExemptFull Time/Part Time:
Full TimeNumber of Hours Worked per Week:
Communication and MarketingBenefits Eligible:
Yes - Full BenefitsRate of Pay:
salary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE)Grade:
9Career Stream and Level:
Communications & MarketingType of criminal background check required::
Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)Number of Vacancies:
1Target Hire Date:
1/25/2021Expected End Date:
Contact Information for Candidates:
12/21/2020Open Until Filled:
YesDocuments Needed to Apply:
Resume, Cover Letter, and Two Additional DocumentsSpecial Instructions to Applicant:
Applicants are required to provide a cover letter, resume and two additional documents. The two additional documents required for the Director, Social Media posting are:
•Examples of social media posts
•An example of reporting on social media results
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.