MANAGER, MATERIALS ADMIN, Facilities Mgmt & Planning, Materials Admin
MANAGER, MATERIALS ADMIN, Facilities Mgmt & Planning, Materials AdminTracking Code1735 Job Description
The Operations Service Center on the Charles River Campus and the Control Center on the Medical Campus provide emergency response services. A small team of full- and part-time staff monitor operations 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, processing over 70,000 work orders per year. This emergency phone service center is a vital link between the BU community and the skilled University tradespeople and local emergency responders who can help resolve your problem.
The Stockroom supplies Facilities Management & Operations tradespeople with material to perform emergency repairs and general maintenance of buildings and equipment.
The Manager of Materials Administration will supervise and direct all aspects of the Facilities Management & Operations Emergency Control Center and Stockroom operations.
- Ensure that all shifts are covered on the Emergency Control Desk 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year
- Update the Emergency Control Desk procedure manual and ensure that staff are abreast of and trained in appropriate responses to emergency requests from departments, students, faculty and parents
- Control and maintain the systems for key distribution, two-way radios, building videos, and telephone recordings
- Oversee the Stockroom inventory to ensure the proper levels of material
- Oversee the computerized inventory-control system, bar-coding system, and other equipment and systems
- Reconcile the annual inventory count in cooperation with Internal Audit
- Initiate bids for and oversee yearly blanket contracts
- Supervise Stockroom employees
- Maintain and monitor Radio and Recording equipment
- Provide reports to the FMO team identifying Key Performance Indicators
- Vocational/technical training required; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 5-8 years of related experience with some supervisory responsibility
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong project management, decision-making and analytical skills
- Basic knowledge of unions and Collective Bargaining Agreements preferred
- Computer knowledge and familiarity with computerized inventory control systems
- Knowledge of stockroom/warehouse methods and practices
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.Job Location BOSTON, Massachusetts, United StatesPosition TypeFull-Time/Regular