PT Veterinary Technology Program Instructor
- Foothill-De Anza Community College District
- Los Altos Hills, CA
- Faculty Jobs
- Professional Fields, Veterinary Science
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Institution Type
- Community College
PART-TIME VETERINARY TECHNOLOGY INSTRUCTOR
Foothill-De Anza Community College District is establishing a pool of qualified applicants for this position. Applications will be accepted continuously until otherwise noted. Applications will remain on file for two years from date received or last submitted.
Applications will be screened by appropriate department representatives on an as-needed basis. Qualified applicants who best meet the needs of the division will be contacted for an interview.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POSITION INCLUDE:
- Standard duties expected of all part-time faculty include the performance of instructional, counselor, or librarian duties as assigned; evaluation and assessment of student work; and timely submission of grades. In addition, part-time faculty are expected to participate in the assessment of their performance, including administrative and student evaluations. Part-time faculty may also have opportunities to participate in various campus and staff development activities and are encouraged to be involved in the larger College or District community. Part-time faculty may be eligible to receive additional pay for office hours, additional assignments, and professional development events.
- Teach courses related to the Veterinary Technician program.
- Indoor, office environment.
- Hearing and speaking to exchange information.
- Vision sufficient to read various materials.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to perform the tasks required of the position.
- Regularly stand, walk, and sit for extended periods of time.
- Bending at waist, kneeling, or crouching.
- Reaching overhead, above the shoulders, and horizontally.
- Lifting and carrying objects up to 20 lbs.
- Understanding of, sensitivity to, and respect for the diverse academic, socio-economic, ethnic, religious, and cultural backgrounds, disability, and sexual orientation of community college students, faculty and staff.
- Minimum Qualifications for this position as defined in the Minimum Qualifications for Faculty and Administrators in California Community Colleges published by the Academic Affairs Division, Chancellor’s Office, California Community Colleges which can be located at the website below:
Actual placement is based on applicant’s verified education and experience.
For the complete Faculty Salary Schedule, go to: http://hr.fhda.edu/_faculty-information.html
To be considered for this pool, you must submit an on-line application packet with the following items:
- A District on-line application at http://hr.fhda.edu/careers/. In the application, you will provide information, which demonstrates your understanding of, sensitivity to, and respect for the diverse academic, socio-economic, ethnic, religious, and cultural backgrounds, disability, and sexual orientation of community college students, faculty and staff.
- A current resume of all work experience, formal education and training.
- A cover letter addressing the preferred qualifications for the position.
If any required application materials are omitted, the committee will not review your application materials.
If you wish to request equivalency for this position (if you believe you do not meet minimum qualifications), you may submit the Request for Equivalency form. This form will need to be submitted with your application packet. You may either scan a hard copy of this form with your application packet or submit it as a Word document with your application packet. http://hr.fhda.edu/_downloads/Equivalency.pdf
Persons with disabilities who require reasonable accommodation to complete the employment process must notify Employment Services.
The successful applicant will be required to provide proof of authorization to work in the U.S.
The Foothill-De Anza Community College District does not reimburse applicants for travel, lodging or any other costs incurred by applicant to attend interviews or accept employment. All interviewing and moving costs incurred will be the responsibility of the applicant.
Working at Foothill-De Anza Community College District
For more than 50 years, Foothill-De Anza has demonstrated excellence and innovation in academic programs and student services. As one of the largest community college districts in the United States, Foothill-De Anza provides credit classes for about 43,000 students per quarter. The colleges are active members of the League for Innovation in the Community College, a national consortium of leading two-year institutions.
The mission of the Foothill – De Anza Community College District is student success. We accomplish this by providing access to a dynamic learning environment that fosters excellence, opportunity and innovation in meeting the diverse educational and career goals of our students and communities.
Located in the heart of Silicon Valley, Foothill-De Anza serves the communities of Cupertino, Los Altos, Los Altos Hills, Mountain View, Palo Alto, Stanford, Sunnyvale, and portions of San Jose.
Foothill College envisions itself as a community of scholars where a diverse population of students, faculty and staff intersect and are engaged in the search for truth and meaning. We recognize that by necessity this search must be informed by a multiplicity of disciplinary modes of inquiry. In order to ensure that every student has the opportunity to share in this vision, Foothill College commits itself to providing students with the necessary student support services, outstanding instruction, and opportunities for leadership both within and outside the classroom. By enacting this vision, the college ensures that it remains the distinctive and innovative institution it has been since its inception.
De Anza College
Two words—"excellence" and "innovation" — have captured the essence of De Anza College for nearly four decades. Although each carries importance, together they're a winning combination that has established De Anza in the forefront of community colleges nationwide. De Anza provides outstanding general education and vocational courses as well as interdisciplinary studies, community service opportunities, on-the-job-training, internships, collaborative programs with businesses and industries, and online and television classes.
Employment with Foothill - De Anza
Foothill - De Anza Community College District is one of the largest community college districts in the U.S. that has distinguished itself as a leader among California Community Colleges.
We currently employ approximately 1,200 full-time employees and 1,900 part-time employees. It is the policy of the District to provide an educational and employment environment which is committed to high quality, equal opportunity and diversity.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert