FULL-TIME TENURE TRACK FACULTY - COMPUTER INFORMATION SYSTEMS
El Camino College
FULL-TIME TENURE TRACK FACULTY - COMPUTER INFORMATION SYSTEMS
Division: Business Education
Close Date: WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 27, 2021 AT 3:00 P.M.
Complete job description and application available online at: https://elcamino.igreentree.com/css_academic
The El Camino Community College District is now accepting applications for a full-time teaching position in Computer Information Systems. Participation as a faculty member includes faculty meetings, student activities and office hours. Program includes classes in PC support including data communications, microcomputer operations, local area networks, and applications including database, programming, e-business and business applications. Some assignments may include evening, weekend hours, and/or dual enrollment courses offered offsite on high school campuses.
Faculty job responsibilities include the development/review of curriculum and assessment of learning outcomes to improve teaching and learning to meet El Camino College's mission of institutional effectiveness, quality educational programs, and vibrant student support services.
Selected candidates will be invited for an interview that will include a teaching demonstration.
Master's degree in computer science, computer information systems or business administration with an emphasis in computer information systems; OR
Bachelor's degree in any of the above and five years of appropriate work experience; OR
The equivalent - Candidates not possessing the required qualification(s) as stated on this announcement must complete the Request For Equivalency Form as part of the application process to explain in detail how their qualifications are equivalent to those above; OR
Valid California community college instructor credential in appropriate subject issued prior to July 1, 1990 (per California Education Code 87355 ); AND
Evidence of responsiveness to and understanding of the racial, socio-economic, academic, and cultural diversity within student populations, including students with disabilities, as these factors relate to the need for equity-minded practices.
• Experience in teaching computers.
• Experience teaching online.
• Experience with Linux Administration or Windows Server.
• Experience with Web Design, Development and Content Management Platforms
• Experience with Mobile Application Development and Platforms
• Experience with Database Management, Design, and Programming
• One or more of the following industry recognized certifications:
• AWS (Cloud Practitioner, Solutions Architect Associate, etc.), Microsoft (Azure Administrator, Azure Fundamentals, etc.), Google Cloud Platform (Cloud Architect, G Suite, etc.), CompTIA (A+, Network+, Security+), Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH), Cisco (CCNA and CCSI).
• Demonstrated experience using student learning outcomes assessment to improve student learning, program review, and curriculum review.
• Demonstrated experience in equity-minded curriculum and instruction
SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONS - Please limit each response to 300 words.
How do you support student success, particularly for students from historically underrepresented and/or marginalized communities?
How does your approach to working with students reflect culturally responsive practices?
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Contract shall be for full-time, tenure-track teaching assignment for the 2021 - 2022 academic year, beginning in August. A teaching demonstration will be required during the interview process. Offer and acceptance of employment is subject to verification of all information provided on the employment application, credential(s), and transcripts. Candidates selected for employment must agree to be fingerprinted, submit Certificate of Completion of the Tuberculosis Risk Assessment and/or Examination, provide proof of eligibility for employment in the United States, and present
a valid Social Security card upon hire.
The starting salary ranges from $64,547 - $93,953 depending on education and experience. Excellent benefits are included.
An applicant must submit the following by the closing date:
1) Online application: https://elcamino.igreentree.com/css_academic
2) Cover letter describing how applicant meets the qualifications.
3) Resume including educational background, professional experience, and related personal development and accomplishments.
4) Pertinent transcripts as stated in the required qualifications. (Unofficial computer-generated academic records/transcripts must include the name of the institution and degrees awarded to be acceptable.)
Foreign Transcripts: Transcripts issued outside the United States of America require a course-by-course analysis with an equivalency statement from a certified transcript evaluation service verifying the degree equivalency to that of an accredited institution within the USA. For information on transcript evaluation services, please visit: http://www.ctc.ca.gov/credentials/leaflets/cl635.pdf
5) Evidence of a valid community college credential, if applicant holds one.
Applicants with disabilities requiring special accommodations must complete the form provided below at least five (5) working days prior to the final filing date:
Please Note: Documents submitted or uploaded for a previous position cannot be reused for other positions. You must submit the required documents for each position you apply for by the closing date. Failure to do so will result in an incomplete application. Applications with an incomplete status will not receive consideration. You may check the status of your application on-line.
If you need assistance you may call 310-660-3593 Ext. 3478 between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
El Camino College campus will be closed starting December 24th until January 4th 2021.
Due to the large volume of calls received on closing dates, we highly recommend that you do not wait until the last day to apply so that we may assist you with questions or technical matters that may arise. Give yourself sufficient time to complete the profile, which may take 45 minutes or more. Positions close promptly at 3:00 p.m.
CLOSING DATE: WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 27, 2021 AT 3:00 P.M.