Clinical Research Coordinator III, Obstetrics & Gynecology (College of Medicine-Phoenix)
COM Phx Obstetrics&GynecologyDepartment Website Link:
Greater Phoenix AreaAddress:
1441 E McDowell Rd, Phoenix, AZ 85006 USAPosition Highlights:
Note: Effective 01/05/2021 this requisition has been updated to reflect the removal of the University Furlough Program.
The Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology is expanding our team to welcome an experienced Clinical Research Coordinator III. This team member will assist in successful execution of federally funded clinical trials as well as department investigator initiated research from protocol concept through clinical study report. This position will provide dedicated support navigating clinical trial patients through study specific procedures in clinical settings. This position may have managerial and supervision duties as the research unit grows within the department of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
The University of Arizona College of Medicine – Phoenix anchors the 28-acre Phoenix Biomedical Campus in the heart of the Valley of the Sun. The College inspires and trains individuals to become exemplary physicians, scientists and leaders who are life-long learners and inquisitive scholars. The Phoenix Biomedical Campus embodies the University’s priorities of engagement, partnership, innovation, and synergy in its world-class academic and research initiatives, with clinical facilities throughout Greater Phoenix.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
- Participates in the design, development, execution and initial interpretation of clinical trials, protocols and treatment plans.
- Prepares, coordinates and/or maintains all regulatory documentation including IRB submission and approval of new or revised protocols, safety reports and progress reports. Participates in data management design and maintenance.
- Provides team coordination, communication, training, and quality control. Develops standard operating procedures, compliance forms, and tracking documents.
- Provides direct patient care involving consent, assessment and administration of study intervention. Assesses and monitors patient health.
- Develops and provides education materials and training to patients, family members, and clinical staff to assure patient safety and adherence to protocols
- Ensures proper collection, processing, and handling of specimens.
- Assists in creating patient treatment plans, perform diagnostics as required by the study, and serves as a patient resource for concerns and information.
- Assist Principal Investigator in developing clinical trial protocols and submit the required documentation to the Institutional Review Board, the University, and corporate or government sponsors. Coordinate multiple clinical trials simultaneously.
- Develops and maintains protocol information and data/collection tools.
- Develops strategies to ensure increased study awareness and subject enrollment.
- Designs and presents services to members of the interdisciplinary team regarding general research procedures and specific elements of a protocol.
- Order and maintain supplies, and make day-to-day decisions in support of the study.
- Supports the orientation and training of new research team members and other staff.
- May supervise support staff or Clinical Research Coordinators.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent advanced learning attained through professional level experience required.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience is required.
ExemptFull Time/Part Time:
Full TimeNumber of Hours Worked per Week:
Yes - Full BenefitsRate of Pay:
$42,007 - $58,343 annually, Depending on experience.Compensation Type:
salary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE)Grade:
7Career Stream and Level:
Clinical ResearchJob Function:
ResearchType of criminal background check required::
Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)Number of Vacancies:
1Target Hire Date:
2/21/2021Expected End Date:
Contact Information for Candidates:
College of Medicine-Phoenix, Office of Human Resources
12/18/2020Open Until Filled:
YesDocuments Needed to Apply:
Resume and Cover LetterSpecial Instructions to Applicant:
Application: The online application should be completed in its entirety. Blank or missed information may be considered an incomplete submission.
Letter of Interest: Should clearly indicate how your skills and professional employment experience meet the Minimum and the Preferred qualifications (if applicable).
The University of Arizona has currently adopted a remote working environment in accordance with guidelines recommended by the CDC. Until further notice, interviews for this position will be conducted remotely.
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.