Business Intelligence Specialist (Analyst, Data II)
COM Info Technology ServicesDepartment Website Link:
UAHS - TucsonAddress:
University of Arizona Health Sciences, Tucson, AZ 85724 USAPosition Highlights:
The Business Intelligence Specialist’s role will be the key to the success of the Data Warehouse Project and the College’s reporting needs. It is expected that the successful candidate will bring significant experience to this role in the areas of Business Requirements, Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence. The Business Intelligence Specialist will work closely with the Business Intelligence and Application Development teams during the planning phases and become the primary technology analyst of the Data Warehouse solution going forward. Over the long term, it is expected that the Business Intelligence Specialist will play a major role in the integration of numerous other data sources and reporting.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work‐life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work with the Data Architect in developing and maintaining a formal description of data and data structures, including data definitions, data models, data flow diagrams, and business process mapping.
- Gather and understand customers' business processes and requirements; turning them into written specifications used to design and implement processes and work-flows between systems, reporting, dashboard development and recommendations for the data warehouse.
- Perform analytical and reporting responsibilities for the college and assist in the creation and publishing of dashboards and reports.
- Maintain updated documentation of process and system configurations including business rules that affect data transformation. Curate and maintain the data catalog, manage and respond to data clarification and definition inquiries.
- Build cross-functional relationships with business units to ensure long-term partnership success. This includes working independently to gather requirements, facilitate meetings, summarize issues, working with project plans with minimal intervention and delivering informative, well-organized presentations to stakeholders.
- At minimum, a Bachelor's degree or equivalent advanced learning attained through professional level experience required AND a Minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience is required.
ExemptFull Time/Part Time:
Full TimeNumber of Hours Worked per Week:
Information TechnologyBenefits Eligible:
Yes - Full BenefitsRate of Pay:
$47,048 - $65,344Compensation Type:
salary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE)Grade:
8Career Stream and Level:
Data AnalysisJob Function:
Planning & AnalysisType of criminal background check required::
Fingerprint criminal background check (security sensitive due to title or department)Number of Vacancies:
1Target Hire Date:
Expected End Date:
Contact Information for Candidates:
Richard Chavez | [email protected]Open Date:
12/18/2020Open Until Filled:
YesDocuments Needed to Apply:
Resume, Cover Letter, and One Additional DocumentSpecial Instructions to Applicant:
Along with submitting your Resume and Cover Letter; Please submit a Design/Writing Sample displaying report requirements and design.Diversity Statement:
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.