Research Specialist I
RESEARCH SPECIALIST IPosition Number:
University StaffJob Type:
Maywood-Health Sciences CampusDepartment Name:
PHYSIOLOGY (06240A)Is this split and/or fully grant funded? :
YesDuties and Responsibilities:
-Maintain (genotype and breeding) transgenic mouse colony
-Maintain cell cultures and conduct PI-directed molecular biology and protein analysis-type experiments
-Organize and conduct complex data analysis
-Prepare reagent solutions and buffers for the laboratory
-Oversee ordering and organizational support to the laboratory. Maintain and update inventories of stocks and materials.
-Ensure laboratory compliance and related duties with safety regulations
Minimum Education: Required: Bachelors Degree Specify Degree(s): Molecular Biology, Biology, Biochemistry or Chemistry Minimum Experience: Required: 3-5 years of previous job-related experienceQualifications:
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions and established procedures.
- Ability to maintain accuracy and consistency.
- Ability to communicate verbally.
- Ability to finish tasks in a timely manner.
- Ability to deal calmly and courteously with people.
- Ability to analyze and interpret data.
- Ability to work as an effective team member.
- Ability to work on routine job with interpersonal contact skill.
- Ability to interact with internal and external constituents.
Microsoft Word, Microsoft Power Point, Microsoft Excel, Basic Keyboarding SkillsSupervisory Responsibilities:
NoRequired operation of university owned vehicles:
NoDoes this position require direct animal or patient contact? :
12/17/2020Quick Link for Posting: