Post Doc FellowLocation:
New Orleans, LAOpen Date:
Dec 15, 2020Description:
The postdoctoral fellow will conduct independent research on molecular and cellular factors contributing to development of osteoarthritis with special emphasis on exosomes (extracellular vesicles). This position requires participation in projects focused on analysis of human proteome and transcriptome, utilizing Western blot, next-generation sequencing technology (e.g. RNA-Seq, miRNA-Seq etc.), qPCR and other methods. It also includes analysis of exosomes (size determination and quantification with NanoSight, analysis of the exosomal cargo, confocal microscopy etc.). The postdoctoral fellow will analyze and summarize collected data in written form and, together with principal investigator, write manuscripts and publish results of research in scientific journals.
- Knowledge of molecular biology methods, analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to learn how to operate laboratory equipment e.g. NanoSight, qPCR system, bioanalyzer etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to multi-task, and prioritize work assignments.
- Present data orally at lab meetings, seminars and national meetings.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: (Note: The following criteria will not be used in screening qualified applicants and may not be used in lieu of minimum qualifications stated above.)
- Experience in molecular biology and cell culture experiments.
- Experience with confocal microscopy, Western blot and qPCR.
- Experience with data analysis.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
- PhD in Molecular and Cell Biology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry or related discipline.
- Two years of experience in molecular biology techniques.
Tulane University is located in New Orleans - a city with tremendous history of diverse cultures, community, and languages. Tulane University is committed to creating a community and culture that foster a sense of belonging for all. We are a recognized employer and educator valuing AA/EEO, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. We are intentionally seeking candidates who are committed to fostering equity, diversity, and inclusion in support of Tulane’s Strategy for Tomorrow.
Tulane University is responsible for providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities throughout the applicant screening process. If you need assistance in completing this application or during any phase of the interview process, please contact the Office of Human Resources & Institutional Equity by phone at 504-865-4748 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.