Post Doc FellowLocation:
New Orleans, LAOpen Date:
Dec 15, 2020Description:
The postdoctoral fellow will conduct independent research on molecular and cellular factors contributing to development of osteoarthritis with special emphasis on exosomes (extracellular vesicles). This position requires participation in projects focused on analysis of human proteome and transcriptome, utilizing Western blot, next-generation sequencing technology (e.g. RNA-Seq, miRNA-Seq etc.), qPCR and other methods. It also includes analysis of exosomes (size determination and quantification with NanoSight, analysis of the exosomal cargo, confocal microscopy etc.). The postdoctoral fellow will analyze and summarize collected data in written form and, together with principal investigator, write manuscripts and publish results of research in scientific journals.
- Knowledge of molecular biology methods, analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to learn how to operate laboratory equipment e.g. NanoSight, qPCR system, bioanalyzer etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to multi-task, and prioritize work assignments.
- Present data orally at lab meetings, seminars and national meetings.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: (Note: The following criteria will not be used in screening qualified applicants and may not be used in lieu of minimum qualifications stated above.)
- Experience in molecular biology and cell culture experiments.
- Experience with confocal microscopy, Western blot and qPCR.
- Experience with data analysis.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
- PhD in Molecular and Cell Biology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry or related discipline.
- Two years of experience in molecular biology techniques.
Please Note: Tulane University has officially adopted a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy. All employees and visiting faculty must be fully vaccinated with a COVID-19 vaccination or obtain approval for a medical or religious exemption prior to beginning employment.
Tulane University is located in New Orleans - a city with tremendous history of diverse cultures, community, and languages. Tulane is actively building a campus culture grounded in our values of EDI and anti-racism. We seek and welcome candidate applications from historically underrepresented groups, such as BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, People of Color), women, LGBTQ+, and those living with disabilities as well as veterans.
Tulane University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action institution committed to excellence through diversity. Tulane University will not discriminate based upon race, ethnicity, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other status or classification protected by federal, state, or local law. All eligible candidates are encouraged to apply.