Adjunct - Intro to Philosophy
Position DetailsReq ID:req8695Position Title:Adjunct - Intro to PhilosophyPosition Type:Adjunct/Temporary FacultyOSU Campus:HumanitiesDepartment:HumanitiesLocation Address:
900 N Portland
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, 73107
United States Hiring Supervisor and Contact Info:Breeman AinsworthHiring Range:
(Contingent upon available funding):650.00 - 650.00, Salary Work Schedule:Monday – Friday, occasionally includes some evenings and weekends. Job Summary:
To develop in each student theskills of critical thinking and to help students learn the subject matterpresented to them in order for that student to become a positive member of thecommunity.
Essential Job Functions:
- Maintain student and course records.
- Maintain and file current course outlines, objectivesand grading procedures for all courses.
- Exhibit innovative and adaptive instructional methods.
- Provide continuing education experiences for thecommunity.
- Completes all mandatory training.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
The duties listed in this jobdescription are intended only as illustrations of the various types of workthat may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does notexclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logicalassignment to the position.Special Instructions to ApplicantsResume and Cover Letter required for full considerationOfficial transcripts will be required upon hire.Education & ExperiencePosition Qualifications:Education:
Master’s degree in subject area required, or Master’sdegree + 18 graduate credit hours in subject area required, or Bachelor'sdegree plus industry certification/experience for technical program facultyonly
Musthave educational qualifications to teach in subject area or have documentedspecialty education/experience to meet tested experience requirements, as perthe Higher Learning Commission’s publication on Determining Qualified Faculty,and provide leadership in an academic discipline and/or degree program. Programs with discipline-specific externalaccreditation may have more stringent training and experience requirements.
Skills, Knowledge,Abilities Required:
- Communication skills – Must beable to communicate verbally and in writing with clear, grammatically correctEnglish. Requires interaction with supervisors, colleagues, students, usingtact, discretion, and independent judgment.Computer skills – Must bedemonstrably proficient in Microsoft Office (MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel), aswell as e-mail and Internet.Passion forassisting customers and representing the OSU brand with positivity andprofessionalism Evidences a history of demonstrating ethicaland professional behavior
Successful performance of the jobrequires creativity, initiative, and effective problem solving. An incumbent must use tact anddiplomacy. Following school dressstandards, proper attendance or leave policies, and other work-habits concernsare required.
Ph.D. in relatedfield
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule to include some evenings and weekends in an often times busy and noisy environment.Work will be performed in an office and classroom environment with a significant amount of public contact, in person, by telephone and via email.
- Duties require extended periods of sitting, standing, talking, listening and computer usageRequires possible lifting of up to 25 lbs. (If an object weights more than 45 lbs., OSU-Oklahoma City requires this to be a two-person lift).
The work environment and physical demands described hereare representative of those required by an employee to perform the essentialfunctions of this job with or without reasonable accommodations
#ZROklahoma State University (OSU) strives to provide a safe study, work, and living environment for its faculty, staff, volunteers and students. To support this environment and comply with applicable laws and regulations, OSU conducts pre-employment background checks on final candidates. Offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a background check. The type of background check conducted varies by position and can include, but is not limited to, criminal (felony and misdemeanor) history, sex offender registry, motor vehicle history, financial history, and/or education verification. Background checks will be conducted when required by law or contract and when, in the discretion of the university, it is reasonable and prudent to do so.