Pre-Award Grants Consultant (Open Rank)
University of Colorado | CU Anschutz Medical Campus
School of Medicine, Dean’s Office Pre-Award Core
Research Services Professional (Open Rank) Pre-Award Grants Consultant (Open Rank)
Position # 00736083– Requisition #19774
At the intermediate level, duties may be more limited in scope and are performed with guidance and direction from other professionals.Senior Professionals are responsible for exercising discretion, analytical skill, personal accountability and responsibility in a wide range of areas including academic, administrative, managerial and student services functions. Work involves creating, integrating, applying and sharing knowledge directly related to a professional field. Work is performed fully independently. The major function of this position is to assist faculty in submission and preaward administration of grants and contracts. This position will be responsible for the management, development, implementation and oversight of preaward grant functions, including ensuring all applications follow the sponsor guidelines, the University guidelines and timelines, and adhere to all grant application regulations and requirements.Salary and Benefits:The salary range (or hiring range) for this position has been established at $43,830 to $69,069. The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to, internal equity, experience, education, specialty and training.The above salary range (or hiring range) represents the University’s good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of postingThis position is eligible for overtime compensation.Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.
Total Compensation Calculator: http://www.cu.edu/node/153125Diversity and Equity:
The University will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the employment application process. To request an accommodation pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, please contact the Human Resources ADA Coordinator at [email protected] The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
For Entry-Level Appointments
- A bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, business administration, business, public health, public administration, or a directly related field from an accredited institution.
- A bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, business administration, business, public health, public administration, or a directly related field from an accredited institution and 1 year of professional grant or contract experience.
- A bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, business administration, business, public health, public administration, or a directly related field from an accredited institution and 2 years of professional grant or contract experience.
- A combination of education and related technical/paraprofessional experience may be substituted for the bachelor’s degree on a year for year basis.
- Experience with Info Ed Proposal Development System or similar grant submission software.
- Experience working in an academic environment or medical center
- Proficiency with PeopleSoft (HRMS &/or Finance)
- Previous grant and/or contract experience.
- Previous research administration experience
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Demonstrated commitment and leadership ability to advance diversity and inclusion.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple competing deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to maintain high level of confidentiality with sensitive information.
Job Category: Research Services
Primary Location: Aurora
Posting Date: Dec 17, 2020
Unposting Date: Ongoing