Administrative Assistant VI
Job location: Worcester
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2020-12-18
JOB TITLEAdministrative Assistant VILOCATIONWorcesterDEPARTMENT NAMEBiology & Biotechnology DepartmentDIVISION NAMEWorcester Polytechnic Institute - WPIJOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARYThe primary role is to provide administrative and logistical support for the Departments’ graduate and research programs. This involves working with the Graduate Coordinators and Graduate Committees on graduate program activities such as, admissions, scheduling interviews, teaching assistant appointments and evaluations, arranging and tracking thesis and graduate program committee meetings, coordinating weekly seminars including itinerary and travel arrangements for speakers, assisting Graduate coordinators with updates to course scheduling, catalog descriptions and web content, and processing research related appointments for faculty, graduate & undergraduate students, research assistants, work-study students and postdoctoral fellows.JOB DESCRIPTION
- Point of contact for Departmental graduate programs, scheduling /tracking committee mtgs, progress reports, TA evaluations qualifying exams, thesis defenses, processing and tracking appointments, record keeping.
- Assist in planning and orchestrating events such as thesis defenses, orientations/recruiting events, graduations, and poster sessions, summer research appointments, symposiums and workshops, receptions, etc.
- Provide administrative support including TA, RA, and Postdoctoral appointments, coordinating seminar speaker visits, travel, itinerary and announcements, photo copying, and faxing.
- Archive and maintain relevant information digitally including graduate student records, templates for announcements, contracts, correspondence, and other materials.
- Collaborate with Graduate Admissions Office and Departmental faculty to schedule prospective student visits for Graduate program.
- Assist Grad coordinators with graduate catalog updates, and act as course/room scheduling liaison.
- Assist with the development of processes, procedures, materials, and webpages associated with the development and promotion of the Graduate Program. Assist in updating and maintaining web site content.
- Design and disseminate announcements for internal and external events related to the graduate program.
- Update digital presence on WPI online news and program bulletin boards and associated social media.
- Keep up with email workflow responding promptly to contacts which may include prospective and current students.
- Sort incoming mail.
- Receive and work with students, visitors, and faculty to make them feel welcome and to meet their needs.
- Collaborate with other Departmental Administrative Assistant on other Departmental activities, daily operations, and events.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
WPI is passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. We are looking for candidates who can support our commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion.
- High school graduate or equivalent with a minimum of 3-5 years of office or administrative experience. B.A. or B.S. in business management, accounting, or personnel management preferred.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work autonomously and handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced deadline-driven environment.
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook) and other office productivity software tools.
- Interest in continuous learning of new skills to excel at the position and flexibility to work in a team to get the job done
- Strong customer service and interpersonal and communication skills to work with other staff, faculty, students, co-workers, visitors and parents.