Part-Time Skills Instructor, Sonography
Job Title: Part-Time Skills Instructor, Sonography
Full/Part Time: Part-Time
Job ID: 34095
Commitment to Mission
This job carries with it the obligation to uphold the Mission of Lone Star College (LSC) in carrying out the duties of the position. A commitment to positive interpersonal behaviors, professional communication, diversity, integrity, leadership, stewardship, respect and accountability to LSC students and employees is essential.
- One LSC
- Student Focused
- Own It
- Advance Equity
- Cultivate Community
- Choose Learning
The Chronicle of Higher Education’s “Great Colleges to Work For” is designed to recognize colleges that have been successful in creating great workplaces and to further research and understanding of the factors, dynamics and influences that have the most impact on organizational culture at higher education institutions.
Lone Star College was recognized in five areas: Confidence in Senior Leadership; Diversity; Facilities, Workspace & Security; Job Satisfaction; and Work/Life Balance.Campus Marketing Statement
Lone Star College-CyFair
Lone Star College offers high-quality, affordable academic transfer and career training education to 99,000 students each semester. LSC is training tomorrow’s workforce today and redefining the community college experience to support student success. Stephen C. Head, Ph.D., serves as chancellor of LSC, the largest institution of higher education in the Houston area with an annual economic impact of nearly $3 billion.
LSC, which consists of seven colleges, ten centers, two university centers, Lone Star Corporate College and LSC-Online, is continuously named Great Colleges to Work For by the Chronicle of Higher Education. To learn more, visit LoneStar.edu.
Located in suburban northwest Houston in the heart of the CyFair Community, the college provides a full range of offerings including unique programs in fire science technology, logistics management and sonography. Since opening our award winning campus in 2003, the college has experienced record growth and supports an exciting learning environment that brings together state-of-the-art technology and active, collaborative learning.
Campus address is 9191 Barker Cypress Road, Cypress, TX 77433.Job Description
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
The Part-Time Sonography Skills Instructor is primarily responsible for working with Faculty/Instructors to provide students with hands-on experience in a controlled laboratory environment. Assists Faculty/Instructors in providing learning activities and support that will lead to the achievement of course objectives. If necessary, may assist faculty in teaching lab course material within the curriculum in a manner that facilitates student learning.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Assists faculty with lab protocol
- Provides students with hands-on scanning assistance
- Completes course paperwork designated by the program
- Acts as a liaison between the faculty, student and Sonography Director
- Provides routine reports on student success
- Responsible for other reasonable, related duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated knowledge of subject matter
- Ability to mentor students in the lab setting
- Ability and commitment to work collaboratively
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and computer skills
- Commitment to quality service to students
The work involves regular exposure to outdoor elements, and/or regular exposure to hazardous items such as chemicals, toxic or caustic materials, contamination, and electrical hazards. This exposure requires special safety precautions, e.g., working around moving parts, carts, or machines; exposure to contagious diseases or irritant chemicals. Employees may be required to use protective clothing or gear, such as masks, gowns, coats, boots, goggles, gloves, or shields.
WORK SCHEDULE AND CONDITIONS:
- Work schedule varies and includes evenings and some Saturdays
- Equipment used includes, PC workstation running on a LAN in a Microsoft Windows environment, calculator, phone and other general office equipment as well as all equipment generally used in Sonography professions
- Interface with internal and external contacts as needed to carry out the functions of the position
- Work is performed in a climate-controlled office with minimal exposure to safety hazards as well as in Sonography labs where safety precautions must be observed at all times
- Skills Instructors are hired on an as-needed basis, and may not work more than 19.5 hours per week, schedule may include days or evenings with occasional weekends as assigned, depending on the needs of the department
- Associate’s degree in Sonography for general program or Echocardiography for echo program
- ARDMS (ABD or OB) credentialed for general program
- ARDMS (RDCS-AE) or CCI (RCS) for echocardiography program
- CPR certification
Hourly Pay Rate is $25.11Benefits Marketing Statement
By joining our top-notch institution, you will enjoy being a part of an organization that offers a supportive, collegial work environment, excellent work/life balance, tuition waiver, participation in a tax deferred retirement plan and more.Special Instructions
Go to the Job Search page, click on ‘My Activities’ at the top of the page. Under My Cover Letters and Attachments you will click on ‘Add Attachment.’ Please be sure to put the Job ID# in the title once you name your file for cover letters only, unless you attached your cover letter with your resume.
If you are applying for an Instructional position (i.e. Faculty, Adjunct Faculty, Instructor), please ensure you include the following to be considered: Resume/CV, Cover Letter, Teaching Philosophy, and unofficial transcripts.
You must limit your file name for any attachment to 40 characters or less.How to Apply
ALL APPLICANTS MUST APPLY ONLINE ONLY
We will not accept application material received via fax, email, mail, or hand delivered.
Postings for part-time and adjunct positions are active for the academic year. By selecting the option to receive notifications on your profile, you will begin receiving electronic communication regarding new opportunities with Lone Star College (LSC).
If selected for an interview, a recruiter will contact you by phone, or email to schedule an interview.
Lone Star College participates in the E-Verify program, under which Lone Star College provides the federal government with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm that the employee is authorized to work in the United States.
More information on the E-Verify program is available at www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
Lone Star College is an EEO Employer. All positions are subject to a criminal background check.