Administrative Assistant II
Under the general supervision of the Manager/Department Head or designee, the Administrative Assistant II coordinates and performs a variety of confidential and complex administrative duties independently with minimal direction.Responsibilities
- Coordinate and perform complex, and varied administrative tasks requiring a high degree of independent action and the setting of priorities and procedures.
- Prepare and/or update correspondence, memoranda, agendas, handouts, website updates, and reports, etc.
- Record, prepare, and distribute minutes
- Maintain calendar(s)
- Assist employees with onboarding, training, and answer operational questions within the scope of duties
- Assist with the processing of payroll, personnel action, and other human resource related forms
- Perform data entry and generate reports
- Organize information into spreadsheet format from data collection. Generate reports in preparation for analysis and graphical display from spreadsheets and databases
- Arrange travel logistics and coordinate schedules. Complete travel advance and authorization forms.
- Maintain travel records
- Schedule or arrange for conferences, meetings, interviews, appointments, retreats, events, or similar activities
- Review expense reports. Submit voucher forms with appropriate receipts and information for reimbursement
- Process and track documents such as invoices, payments and requisitions. Follow up on payments. Reallocate purchases when necessary
- Answer phones and screen calls. Provide information independently and respond to complex questions
- Greet visitors; ascertain their needs and provide information
- Review, sort, distribute, and file a variety of material. Identify priority items and route accordingly
- Order and maintain office and other department supplies
- Answer e-mails and respond to routine correspondence
- Perform other duties as required.
- HS Diploma or equivalent
- 5-7 years of related experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products and software
- Possess the organizational, verbal, written and interpersonal skills necessary to interact effectively with all levels of personnel
- Ability to prioritize and problem solve
For educational support positions you might want to add this to the position summary:
Primary responsibilities involve utilization of various education computer programs for course registration, syllabus, curriculum, evaluation, data management and reporting. The Administrative Assistant II for education programs may function as a liaison between the program and other departments at UMMS regarding administrative and training issues.
For research support positions you might want to add this to the position summary:
Primary responsibilities involve support of projects, research endeavors, and grants. The Administrative Assistant II for research may function as a liaison between the department and other departments at UMMS regarding administrative and training issues.
For all support positions you may want to keep these preferred qualifications here:
- Assist in the collection of budget information and preparation of grant applications
- Adheres to office procedures related to grant submissions
- Assist in reconciling monthly receipts
- Maintain confidential research files