Assistant Professor-Visual Communication
Job location: Commerce TAMUC
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-01-13
Job TitleAssistant Professor-Visual CommunicationAgencyTexas A&M University - CommerceDepartmentArtProposed Minimum Salary$0.01 monthlyJob LocationCommerce, TexasJob TypeFacultyJob Description
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANT:
During the application process you have one opportunity to upload documents as a combined PDF. The page “My Experience” has an area provided under Resume/CV to drop or upload the file.
This one combined PDF must include:
- Cover Letter
- Three professional references with complete contact information (Unsolicited letters of recommendation will not be considered).
- Transcripts – If required for the position (Unofficial will be accepted with application. Official transcripts are required at time of verbal offer).
If transcripts are from an international institution, it is the responsibility of the prospective faculty member to have the transcripts translated and evaluated by an approved credential evaluator.
All documents must be electronically submitted through the Texas A&M Online Employment Services website to be considered. Incomplete or improperly submitted applications may be excluded from consideration.
The Department of Art is seeking faculty for a Tenure Track position in Visual Communication. This position will begin August, 2021. Faculty at Texas A & M University-Commerce are required to conduct scholarly activities, work cooperatively with others, and contribute service to their discipline, the university, and the community.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinate MFA program, including the recruitment and advising of students, particularly those in the MA-Visual Communication and MFA-Visual Communication programs;
- Teach undergraduate and masters level courses in Visual Communication;
- Design, implement, and publish research and creative work;
- Prepare syllabi;
- Oversee curricular matters and update course materials;
- Work with Director for adjunct hiring
- Deliver instruction, primarily at the University Centers-Dallas campus, but potentially including online and other university campuses. Instructional duties may include teaching during the day, in the evening, or on Saturday;
- Work collaboratively with faculty and staff to implement departmental programs;
- Provide service to the department, college, university and public schools, and community; and
- Maintain knowledge and stay abreast of current trends in learning with research, best practices in teaching, and technological applications in the classroom, including online teaching.
Texas A&M University-Commerce is committed to promotion of diversity and thus the candidate should facilitate a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and ability to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds. The candidate should have an understanding and knowledge of multicultural and diversity issues, and their potential applications to pedagogy, programming, and service activity.
- Education: Terminal degree (MFA.) A minimum of 18 hours in Art from an accredited university is required
- Demonstrated experience in the professional design communications field.
- Evidence of participation in regional and national shows.
- Experience / Knowledge / Skills: Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively with a team of professionals. Good written and oral communication skills. Commitment to high quality teaching. Dedication to high standards and student success. Scholarly publication record or scholarly potential.
- Ability to: Multi-task and work well as part of a team.
- Licensing/Professional Certifications: N/A
- Physical Requirements: N/A
- Other Requirements: N/A
PREFERRED EDUCATION / SKILLS/ EXPERIENCE:
University level teaching experience. Proficiency in wide variety of design software platforms expected.
SUPERVISION OF OTHERS:
Student Workers, Graduate Assistants
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.