Contracts and Grants Coordinator
The University of Maryland, Baltimore (UMB), School of Medicine Shock, Trauma, and Anesthesiology Research Organized Research Center (STAR-ORC) is searching for a Contract and Grants Coordinator. This individual will establish and maintain effective working relationships with faculty, administrators, staff, and students to provide support of pre-award and post-award management for sponsor related funds.
The STAR-ORC serves as the research arm of the Program of Trauma and the Department of Anesthesiology as well as the National Study Center. It includes Basic, Translational, and Clinical Research. It works with diverse funding streams, including but not limited to NIH and DoD and NHTSA, as well numerous industry and foundation partners.
UMB offers a generous benefits package, which includes 11 vacation days, 11 personal and holidays, 5 sick days; comprehensive health insurance and supplemental retirement options; and limited tuition remission for employees enrolled at UMB.
- Adheres to and understands policy and annual project plan as described by advance team members. Maintains an understanding of the portfolio planning and development.
- Follows prescribed application steps to collect and provide principle investigator all application forms and assist in final preparation of grants and contracts applications or proposal. Reviews terms and conditions of simple grant/contract and seek clarifying questions as necessary. Develops and prepares close out checklist for faculty and staff based on terms and conditions of an award.
- Maintains and ensures comprehension of current Federal, State, and sponsors guidelines and requirements. Assists in development of guidelines or contract applications or proposals. Review RFA for administrative requirements.
- Obtains approval from principal investigator (PI) and accurately enters requisition requests into financial system. Maintains sponsored program systems are in line with Notice of Awards and Sub Awards. Ensures all results are completed and submitted to sponsor under prescribed timelines and deadlines. Tracks and follows up for the completion of purchase order for subcontract.
- Acts as point of contact and advises PI on all financial transactions, such as travel, purchasing, or subcontracting. Provides current and historical budget data to project expenditures.
- Develops relationships with UMB parties, sponsor, and sub-contractors to ensure the contract or grant short- and long-term goals are met. • Maintains and tracks required training documents and ensures all parties are in compliance with regulations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor's degree
Experience: One (1) year of directly related accounting, budget, contract, grant, or research administration or coordination.
Other: Related experience may be substituted for education.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
Knowledge of position requirements. Knowledge of all applicable requirements, regulations, and laws. Skill in effective use of applicable technology/systems. Ability to effectively communicate both verbal and written thoughts, ideas, and facts. Ability to work cooperatively with others and independently.
Hiring Range: Commensurate with education and experience
If accommodations are needed for a disability, please contact Staffing & Career Services at 410-706-2606, Monday – Friday, 8:30am – 4:30pm EST. Maryland Relay can be accessed by dialing 711 (in-state) or 1-800-735-2258.
UMB is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law or policy.
Job: Reg or CII Exempt Staff
Shift: Day Job
Organization: School of Medicine - STAR-ORC
Job Posting: Feb 10, 2021
Unposting Date: Feb 24, 2021, 11:59:00 PM