Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner Faculty
Department:: Nursing and Health Professions
Locations:: York, PA
Posted:: Dec 16, 2020
Closes:: Mar 15, 2021 - 11:59 PM EDT
Position ID:: 127074
About York College of Pennsylvania:
York College of Pennsylvania, http://www.ycp.edu, is a private-sector, independent institution of higher education, offering over 60 baccalaureate majors in the arts and sciences and in professional fields as well as master's programs in business, education and nursing and a doctoral program in nursing. The College has an enrollment of over 4000 full time, over 500 part time undergraduate students and over 200 graduate students from 33 states and 37 foreign countries. The campus is located in South-Central Pennsylvania (50 miles north of Baltimore, MD, 30 miles south of Harrisburg, and 90 miles north of Washington, D.C.) and offers competitive salaries and fringe benefits.
York College is committed to building a diverse college community and encourages members of underrepresented groups to apply.
The Stabler Department of Nursing at York College of Pennsylvania is pleased to invite Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner applicants to direct the Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner program. The successful candidate will be at the Assistant or Associate Professor level, depending upon level of experience and education. The position will begin Summer or Fall 2021. For this position, the majority of time will be spent teaching in the Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner program but there will also be an opportunity to practice part-time in Health Services providing psychiatric care for students. Applicants should have an established record of teaching at the graduate level in nursing. The successful candidate will direct the program, teach at the graduate level, advise students, and supervise clinical experiences. In addition, the successful candidate will demonstrate potential for commitment to the college through service activities and demonstrate evidence of scholarly potential.
Applicants should possess an earned doctorate in nursing or a related field or have a plan for completing doctoral preparation within 5 years of appointment. Candidates must also demonstrate excellent communication skills and have a strong commitment to working as part of a collaborative team in both the Stabler Department of Nursing and Health Services.
- Nationally recognized certification as a nurse practitioner.
- Earned doctoral degree in nursing or have a specific plan for completing doctoral preparation within 5 years of appointment.
- Unencumbered Pennsylvania nursing license (active or eligible).
- Have at least 1 year of experience in teaching.
- Have at least 1 year of practice experience as a Psychiatric NP.
- Ability to provide effective psychiatric services to students.
- Maintain necessary records in a timely manner.
- Ability to work effectively in collegiate setting with students, faculty, administrators, and staff.
- Ability to function capably in a fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to practice in an ethical, professional manner and maintain Pennsylvania NP Licensure.
- Teaching experience at the undergraduate or graduate level.
York College of Pennsylvania is an Equal Opportunity Employer. For a copy of York College's Annual Security Report, you may contact the Office of Campus Safety or visit the website: Annual Security Report
Interested candidates should electronically submit a cover letter, resume or curriculum vitae, unofficial graduate transcripts, and contact information for three references.
Review of applications will begin January 10, 2021. Applications should be received by March 15, 2021.