Facilities Administrative Assistant
Facilities Administrative AssistantDepartment:
Vet Med FacilitiesAbout the University of Georgia:
The University of Georgia (UGA), a land-grant and sea-grant university with statewide commitments and responsibilities is the state’s oldest, most comprehensive, and most diversified institution of higher education (http://www.uga.edu/). UGA is currently ranked among the top 20 public universities in U.S. News & World Report. The University’s main campus is located in Athens, approximately 65 miles northeast of Atlanta, with extended campuses in Atlanta, Griffin, Gwinnett, and Tifton. UGA was founded in 1785 by the Georgia General Assembly as the first state-chartered University in the country. UGA employs approximately 1,800 full-time instructional faculty and more than 7,600 full-time staff. The University’s enrollment exceeds 36,000 students including over 27,500 undergraduates and over 8,500 graduate and professional students. Academic programs reside in 17 schools and colleges, as well as a medical partnership with Augusta University housed on the UGA Health Sciences Campus in Athens.About the College/Unit/Department:
The University of Georgia College of Veterinary Medicine, founded in 1946, is dedicated to training future veterinarians, providing services to animal owners and veterinarians, and conducting investigations to improve the health of animals as well as people. The college benefits pets and their owners, food-producing animals, and wildlife by offering the highest quality hospital and diagnostic laboratory services. Equipped with the most technologically advanced facilities located on a university campus, the college is dedicated to safeguarding public health by studying emerging infectious diseases that affect both animal and human health.
The College of Veterinary Medicine values all members of the university community, recognizing that differences in experience and culture can only lead to a more well-rounded, accepting academic environment. We have an expectation that all employees will demonstrate a contribution to diversity and inclusion as embodied in our Principles of Community (http://vet.uga.edu/principles-of-community/)College/Unit/Department website:
Benefits EligibleFull/Part time:
Full TimeAdditional Schedule Information:
8:00 am 5:00 pm
Monday – Friday
Commensurate with ExperiencePosting Date:
12/02/2020Open until filled:
YesProposed Starting Date:
01/01/2021Location of Vacancy:
Athens AreaEEO Policy Statement:
The University of Georgia is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, genetic information, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or protected veteran status. Persons needing accommodations or assistance with the accessibility of materials related to this search are encouraged to contact Central HR ([email protected]).Classification Title:
Requires are least a high school diploma or equivalent. Please contact your Human Resources office for an evaluation of education/experience in lieu of the required minimum qualifications.Position Summary:
The Facilities Administrative Assistant provides administrative support to the Facilities management team, acting as liaison between management and other parties; and monitoring assigned projects and work orders within the Facilities unit.Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and/or Competencies:
KNOWLEDGE: Perform basic math, including calculations using fractions, percentages, and/or ratios; read technical information, compose a variety of documents, and/or facilitate group discussions; and solve practical problems. Specific knowledge based competencies to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: concepts of grammar and punctuation; bookkeeping principles; business telephone etiquette; common office machines; and office methods and practices.
SKILLS: Perform multiple tasks with a need to periodically upgrade skills in order to meet changing job conditions. Specific skill-based competencies to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: operating standard office equipment including using pertinent software applications; applying university and college policies and procedures; assist with planning and managing projects; and preparing and maintaining accurate records.
OTHER: Will schedule a number of activities and meetings; and use basic, job-related equipment and software. Flexibility to independently work with others in a wide variety of circumstances and work with diverse individuals and/or groups. Problem solving to analyze issues and assist in creating action plans. Specific ability-based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: communicating with diverse groups; maintaining confidentiality; adapting to changing work priorities; and meeting deadlines and schedules.Physical Demands:
Some lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling; some stooping, kneeling and/or crouching; and significant fine finger dexterity. Generally the job requires 70% sitting, 15% traveling throughout building, and 15% standing. The job is performed in a generally hazard free environment.Is driving a responsibility of this position?:
NoIs this a Position of Trust?:
YesDoes this position have operation, access, or control of financial resources?:
NoDoes this position require a P-Card? :
NoIs having a P-Card an essential function of this position? :
NoDoes this position have direct interaction or care of children under the age of 18 or direct patient care?:
NoDoes this position have Security Access (e.g., public safety, IT security, personnel records, patient records, or access to chemicals and medications):
YesCredit and P-Card policy:
Be advised a credit check will be required for all positions with financial responsibilities. For additional information about the credit check criteria, visit the UGA Credit Background Check website.Duties/Responsibilities:
• Evaluates situations and events (e.g. involving CVM Faculty, Staff, third party, etc.) for the purpose of consulting with management and/or taking appropriate action or directing to appropriate personnel for resolution.
• Maintains a variety of records, supplies, calendar, schedules, files, etc. (e.g. employee time reports, fiscal information, PCard reconciliation, construction, vendor invoices, work orders, etc.) for the purpose of providing documentation in accordance with administrative and legal requirements.
• Assist with the monitoring/coordination of facilities’ activities and/or projects for the purpose of ensuring compliance with established financial, legal and/or administrative requirements.Percentage of time:
• Performs record keeping (confidential and non-confidential) and general and project specific clerical functions (e.g. scheduling,
copying, faxing, etc.) for the purpose of supporting assigned manager with necessary materials.
• Prepares a variety of written materials (e.g. correspondence, memos, fiscal and statistical reports, etc.) for the purpose of
documenting activities, providing written reference and/or conveying information.
• Processes documents and materials (e.g. contracts, specifications, purchase requisitions, mail, etc.) for the purpose of disseminating information in compliance with UGA, city, state and/or federal requirements.Percentage of time:
• Responds to inquiries from a variety of internal and external parties (in person and by telephone) (e.g. faculty, staff, vendors and UGA facilities staff) for the purpose of providing information, facilitating communication among parties and/or providing direction.
• Supports assigned administrative personnel for the purpose of providing assistance with their administrative functions.Percentage of time: