Graduate Medical Education Administrative Manager
This position is responsible for project management, plan development, communication strategies of GME projects and the work of its support staff for the GME Office. This position is also responsible for the day to day supervision of GME Program Administrators and works in close collaboration with the Director of Medical Education.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Project and Data Management
• Identifies project goals, outcomes, deliverables, and key stakeholders and participants for planning short and long-term projects to ensure future accreditation compliance and institutional communication with sponsored programs. Develops overall approach and planning process for assigned projects. Assembles project plans and teamwork assignments, directing and monitoring work efforts daily, identifying resource needs, performing quality review; and escalating functional, quality, timeline issues appropriately.
• Develops program and institutional reporting of ACGME and CPME reviews/site visits. Support to DME and specialty PDs for program compliance.
• Creates and manages process improvement and quality assurance initiatives related to institutional oversight.
2. Accreditation, Training, and Support
• IRIS reporting: manages Institutional Residency Management Software Medtrics. Responsible for data integrity, warehousing, reporting functions and support of Medtrics. Includes oversight of resident performance and rotation data, annual migration of house staff demographic data, administration of user profiles and security roles, rotation data, and other accreditation information.
• In partnership with Regional GME provides oversight for training initiatives targeted to GME staff and faculty and residency and fellowship program staff and faculty. Accountable for consistent level of competence across user populations, specifically in block scheduling, procedure logging, evaluations, monitoring conference attendance, duty hours, program milestone tracking, as well as general personnel/demographic tracking, or additional modules as developed or otherwise directed.
• Specific accountability for projects related to ACGME or other accrediting entity activities
3. Office Administration
• Ensures compliance with policies within organization and licensing Boards, and Regional GME procedures as necessary to ensure effective operations.
• In conjunction with Quality and Regional GME, determines hiring decisions, performance appraisals, and staff remediation and coaching activities for GME Administrative Staff, both represented and non-represented.
• NPR Budget management and tracking.
• Management and oversight for affiliation agreements, PLAs, etc. for medical students and sponsored residents and fellows.
• 5 years’ experience in Graduate Medical Education.
• Ability to meet many levels of stakeholder needs in a timely and efficient manner.
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively.
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment with several stake needing attention at the same time.
• Strong organizational, communication and decision making skills are essential, as is the ability to multitask and set priorities.
• Ability to successfully investigate, develop and or implement solutions for ongoing regulatory demands.
• Consideration will be given to those with an advanced understanding of Graduate Medical Education.
• Bachelor's degree in business administration OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
• High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
- Master's degree preferred
Minimum Work Experience:
- Minimum five (5) years of experience managing a multi-disciplinary staff of professionals, technical and non-exempt employees