Marketing and Comm Specialist
Job no: 515334
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Location: Main Campus (Gainesville, FL)
Categories: Communications/Public Relations/Marketing, Engineering/Computer Science
Department:19070000 - EG-ENG SCH SUSTAIN INFRST ENV
Marketing and Comm SpecialistJob Description:
Newsletter and Other Communications - Serve as creative director for the UFTI weekly newsletter, proposing story ideas and serving as the reporter and writer, including developing and updating the newsletter template as necessary. The incumbent is expected to ensure that newsletters and any other communication materials thoughtfully portray and illustrate engineering and transportation-related activities (research, education, technology transfer, K-12/STEM education, etc.) in a visually attractive manner. Coordination is expected with the UFTI director, External Advisory Board, Internal Steering Committee, and members of its management team on developing strategies for creating, producing, and promoting an online presence for the UFTI and print media. This includes, but is not limited to, videos, announcements, advertisements, social media posts, and newsletters for the UFTI and its centers. It is expected that the incumbent has some working knowledge of Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator.
Website Management - Update design (such as themes and plugins), create content and monitor the UFTI and STRIDE websites, including assisting with the T2 and McTrans websites. Develop, create, and produce any future websites as necessary. This duty will also entail the gathering of metrics for the various UFTI sites using Google Analytics, etc. The incumbent should have a working knowledge of WordPress or similar platforms for website development and management.
Social Media - The incumbent should have an in-depth understanding of social media and social networking sites (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and LinkedIn, etc.). They should be able to create, write, post, and monitor communications that promote the UFTI and its centers as related to research, education, technology transfer, and K-12/STEM activities. Track metrics related to each social media platform.
Other – Includes but not limited to serving as videographer and photographer for the UFTI at various events. Assist the UFTI graduate faculty representative and the Herbert Wertheim College of Engineering with graduate student recruitment efforts. Assist in developing and/or recommending policy, procedures, marketing, and branding as they relate to the UFTI and its centers.Expected Salary:
$45,000 - $50,000; commensurate with qualifications and experienceMinimum Requirements:
Bachelor's degree and three years of relevant experience; or an associate's degree and five years of relevant experience.Preferred Qualifications:
- Excellent communication skills, orally, and in writing.
- Ability to be extremely detail oriented.
- A demonstrated ability to plan, organize, and work on multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrate and exercise professionalism and represent the UFTI and its centers, including the Herbert Wertheim College of Engineering and the University of Florida, in a professional manner.
- Ability to able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with peers and foster a team environment.
- Be up to date and maintain standards, trends, expectations, and best practices related to the communications/marketing industry.
- Committed to continual education on industry trends, expectations, and best practices.
- Ability to establish relationships with campus and local media.
- Have some knowledge of the transportation industry.
- Knowledge of hardware/software including but not limited to Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator.
- Knowledge of video production and using video editing software such as Adobe Premiere or Adobe Pro.
- Knowledge and use of Microsoft products, Constant Contact, and WordPress.
- Knowledge of design principles, graphic creation/manipulation, and webpage design.
- A demonstrated ability to propose, create and help implement projects and campaigns in the area of digital, visual, print media, and social networking platforms.
- Demonstrated skills as a webmaster and maintenance of the backend of a website.
- Demonstrated ability to make recommendations regarding but not limited to content, form, structure, including public relations and advertising campaigns, websites, newsletters, social media, and various online and print media, as necessary.
This is a time-limited position.
In order to be considered for this position, applicant must upload a cover letter and resume with application.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.
This requisition has been reposted. Previous applicants are still under consideration and need not apply.Health Assessment Required:
Advertised: 08 Apr 2021 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: 08 May 2021 Eastern Daylight Time