Research Data Support Specialist II - Liver Research Institute (UPDATED)
Liver Research InstituteDepartment Website Link:Location:
UAHS - TucsonAddress:
University of Arizona Health Sciences, Tucson, AZ USAPosition Highlights:
Please Note: The Duties and Responsibilities have been updated to better reflect the scope of research work to be done. The University of Arizona Thomas D. Boyer Liver Institute is seeking candidates for a Research Data Support Specialist II that will work with a team of experienced researchers, nurses, and doctors. A successful candidate will perform a variety of activities associated with receiving, coding, reviewing, entering, cleaning, and reconciling research data. The candidate will be responsible for maintaining research databases, files, other records to support and inform research and provide data and reports to researchers, administrators and others as requested.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work‐life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.Duties & Responsibilities:
- Collaborates with researchers in designing studies, analyzing data and publishing results.
- Gathers and analyzes data from various databases and sources; performs statistical and/or mathematical programming.
- Evaluates new platforms, techniques and scientific programs.
- Develops reports and visual representations.
- Develops and maintains databases and provides consultation.
- Examine outpatient provider schedules to select individuals who may be possible candidates for the Liver Registry.
- Upon the completion of the appropriate consents, enter information from the visit into the REDCap database.
- Review electronic medical records for specific data and enter into REDCap database.
- Participate and take initiative in quality control measures of the database.
- Query the database to pull data for Liver Department researchers.
- Collaboration with both Liver Team and other groups as needed.
- Build and support REDCap databases for clinical research protocols with liver division researchers.
- Support data collection and data entry in sponsored clinical trials.
- High school diploma or equivalent, or equivalent learning attained through experience required.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience required.
•Two to four years of college education, •Knowledge of anatomy and physiology, •Medical Terminology, •Three years minimum experience in data entry and data management, •Highly organized and ability to manage multiple tasks at once, •Experience in communicating effectively with a wide range of individuals, •Ability to work independentlyFLSA:
Non-ExemptFull Time/Part Time:
Full TimeNumber of Hours Worked per Week:
Yes - Full BenefitsRate of Pay:
$14.38 - $19.96Compensation Type:
4Career Stream and Level:
Research & Data AnalysisJob Function:
ResearchType of criminal background check required::
Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)Number of Vacancies:
1Target Hire Date:
Expected End Date:
Contact Information for Candidates:
Karena Nespoli | [email protected]Open Date:
12/15/2020Open Until Filled:
YesDocuments Needed to Apply:
Resume, Cover Letter, and One Additional DocumentSpecial Instructions to Applicant:
Additional Document Request: Please provide the name and contact information for three professional references. The hiring department will contact references as needed.Diversity Statement:
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.