IT Support Manager
IT Service ManagementDepartment Website Link:
Tucson, AZ USAPosition Highlights:
The IT Support Manager, at the 24/7 IT Support Center is responsible for leading and managing a team of 10-15 members including the University Services and the Student Technical Support Analysts. This position has primary responsibility for the day-to-day operations of the Lobby service, including management of student schedules, as well as recurring reporting for the entire 24/7 Team.
The 24/7 Support Center provides assistance for both Information Technology and general inquiries about University services. Omni-channel (in-person, phone, chat, e-mail, ticket) support is available for centrally-provided services such as email, network connectivity, enterprise applications, as well as personally owned computing equipment for campus community members. Team members work closely with staffs from other UITS departments and the campus community to ensure requests are handled efficiently and expediently through the proper channels. University Services team members are responsible for the main University of Arizona phone lines and provide general support for the campus community.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Lead a team of support specialists to provide technology and customer service support.
- Manage full-time staff and part-time student workers, including Workforce Management (schedule coordination, time reporting, vacation requests, daily workload balancing, etc.).
- Train, coach, and mentor team members, including regular, preferably weekly, one-on-ones.
- Conduct daily team huddles to share information and recognize team member performance.
- Plan agendas and lead meetings for student team members.
- Coordinate with other managers to plan and lead staff meetings and team building activities.
- Responsible for creating employee development plans and performance appraisals.
- Ensure timely communication to campus via system status notifications and incident resolution.
- Track and analyze trends in resource usage and generate statistical reports (daily, weekly, monthly).
- Translate reports into dashboards that offer relevant insights to stakeholders at multiple levels.
- Assess need for process changes based on request trends and make recommendations for improvements.
- Coordinate staffing and schedule adjustments to support seasonal trends in service requests.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Minimum five years of related work experience including 2 years of managerial experience with training and leading staff, preferably in a customer service environment OR, any equivalent combination of experience, training and/or education.
- Adept at working with diverse populations and able to communicate effectively with different levels of technical and professional expertise.
- Ability to track and analyze key metrics and trends.
- Ability to work a base schedule of Monday through Friday from 9 am-6 pm.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to motivate and engage staff.
- Passion for service excellence.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Self-directed and self-motivated with attention to detail.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities.
- Integrity and character.
• Supervisory experience in a support service center.• Understanding of and experience with staffing and scheduling a 24/7 service center.FLSA:
ExemptFull Time/Part Time:
Full TimeNumber of Hours Worked per Week:
Information TechnologyBenefits Eligible:
Yes - Full BenefitsRate of Pay:
salary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE)Type of criminal background check required::
Fingerprint criminal background check (security sensitive due to title or department)Number of Vacancies:
1Target Hire Date:
Expected End Date:
Contact Information for Candidates:
12/16/2020Open Until Filled:
YesDocuments Needed to Apply:
Resume, Cover Letter, and One Additional DocumentSpecial Instructions to Applicant:
Please attach a document listing at least three professional references. We prefer to obtain reference from at least one prior supervisor.Diversity Statement:
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.