Student Support Assistant II (Health Educator) (Part Time) (Multiple Positions)
Dept of Emergency MedicineDepartment Website Link:
UAHS - TucsonAddress:
University of Arizona Health Sciences, Tucson, AZ USAPosition Highlights:
The Health Educator will conduct and/or oversee the teaching of students enrolled in undergraduate courses in Emergency Medical Services (EMS). The selected candidate will effectively apply fundamental knowledge of the EMS system, safety and well-being of the EMT, and medical, legal and ethical issues to the provision of emergency care. Maintain EMS training center and training program certificates per the Arizona Department of Health Services Bureau of Emergency Medical Services.Duties & Responsibilities:
- Teach students using a variety of techniques including but not limited to: didactic lecture, practical demonstration, monitoring of group activities as well as evaluations.
- Collect, review and assess student work.
- Find, evaluate and address deficiencies, which may occur during class.
- Evaluate student performance during the course on a continual basis.
- Ensure proper compliance with state and national guidelines and regulations relating to examination procedures.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience required.
- High school diploma or equivalent, or equivalent learning attained through experience required.
• Current State of Arizona certification as an EMT or higher. • Meets state requirements for EMT training program director and instructor.FLSA:
Non-ExemptFull Time/Part Time:
Part TimeNumber of Hours Worked per Week:
Student ServicesBenefits Eligible:
No BenefitsRate of Pay:
2Career Stream and Level:
Student SupportJob Function:
Student ServicesType of criminal background check required::
Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)Number of Vacancies:
4Target Hire Date:
Expected End Date:
Contact Information for Candidates:
Meronda Lindberg | [email protected]Open Date:
12/16/2020Open Until Filled:
YesDocuments Needed to Apply:
ResumeSpecial Instructions to Applicant:
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.