International Program Director
The University of Maryland, Baltimore (UMB), Institute of Human Virology (IHV) is currently recruiting for an International Program (Operations) Director. IHV International Operations Director assists IHV’s international programs by serving as a point of contact for addressing and resolving operational matters in 8 countries: Nigeria, Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, Botswana, Zambia, Malawi and Mozambique. Applicable functional areas may include finance, grants and contracts, procurement, cash flow, fleet management, inventory, regulatory and national government reporting, fraud prevention and multiple other aspects of operational support for international healthcare programs. The focus of the role is one of process improvement and problem resolution. A key reporting aspect is to receive points of concern from CIHEB (Center for International Health, Education and BioSecurity) and Epidemiology Division Program leadership and to serve as the responsible individual for correcting issues and implementing systems and processes for future prevention. Success will be measured in individual challenges addressed, process improvements implemented, and perception of communication success to the satisfaction of program leadership.Position requires between 20-30% international travel.
UMB offers a generous benefits package, which includes 22 vacation days, 14 floating and holidays, 15 sick days; comprehensive health insurance and retirement options; and tuition remission for employees and their dependents at any of the University System of Maryland schools. Essential Functions:
- Directs the preparation, coordination, and maintenance of international program content and delivery methods for the daily operations and events within an international program.
- May interact with students and facilitate resolution through technical and/or clerical personnel.
- Oversees the use of databases used to analyze criteria and deliver data, as well as to monitor, evaluate, and revise program operating policies and procedures.
- Organizes and/or participates in various international committees and teams to consult with program heads and administrative officials on policy and program needs as well as various administrative issues and logistics.
- Coordinates the regular publication of summary reports and serves as an information resource to coworkers, the university, and external figures. Manages communication between leadership in US and program in host country.
- Develops funding sources for the international program, through grant seeking, major fundraising events and/or donations. Ensure legal compliance for host country, and UMB.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelors in related field.
Experience: Experience: Six (6) years program coordination with at least two (2) years of experience of overall responsibility for program direction, coordination and implementation. International program experience is preferred.
Supervisory: Prior supervision of others preferred. Hiring Range: Commensurate with education and experience
If accommodations are needed for a disability, please contact Staffing & Career Services at 410-706-2606, Monday – Friday, 8:30am – 4:30pm EST. Maryland Relay can be accessed by dialing 711 (in-state) or 1-800-735-2258.
UMB is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law or policy.
Job: Reg or CII Exempt Staff
Shift: Day Job
Organization: School of Medicine - Institute of Human Virology
Job Posting: Feb 23, 2021
Unposting Date: Mar 9, 2021, 10:59:00 PM