Executive Assistant to the President
Department:: President's Office
Locations:: Des Plaines, IL
Posted:: Dec 14, 2020
Closes:: Open Until Filled
Type:: Full Time Staff
Position ID:: 127010
About Oakton Community College :
For 50 years, Oakton Community College has been the setting where thousands begin or continue their college or career studies. Educating people of all ages, from all walks of life and from more than 40 nations, Oakton focuses on improving the quality of life for everyone who enters its doors.
Paid winter break
FRIDAYS OFF during the summer
Basic Function and Responsibility:
Under general supervision, assist the President and Senior Executive Assistant to the President / Special Assistant to the Board of Trustees in matters related to the operation of the President's Office including recurring contact with the Board of Trustees, all College personnel and the community, while exercising discretion in the handling of confidential materials and records, and using independent judgment in the application of established College policies and procedures.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare correspondence, memos, and reports covering a wide range of subjects from notes, transcription, handwritten or electronically submitted copy.
- Collect, compile, and prepare statistical data and sensitive information for reports, contracts, publications, etc., requiring some information and knowledge of college operations and activities.
- Screens, receives telephone calls and mail, and assists visitors for the President's Office. Maintains a friendly supportive atmosphere and directs for appropriate response, inquiries, problems and complaints from faculty, staff, students and the community.
- Oversee the assembling of special materials such as board agendas and packets for weekly mailings, budgets, technical and financial reports and other tasks delegated by the Senior Executive Assistant to the President / Special Assistant to the Board of Trustees.
- Organize and maintain office subject files, confidential reports and records, enter all data to keep files current. Maintain inventory of supplies and monitor and order as necessary.
- Prepare and process required forms and reports on a regular basis in accordance with college policies and practice.
- Exercise discretion in application of handling of confidential materials.
- Arrange meetings, take notes when required, and maintain and schedule President's Conference Room.
- Serve as primary contact in absence of the Senior Executive Assistant to the President and Special Assistant to the Board of Trustees.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Working Conditions:
- Associate's degree in Computer Office Technology, or an equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired is necessary.
- Five years of progressively responsible office and administrative support experience is necessary.
- Ability to utilize a keyboard to enter, retrieve and manipulate data is required.
- Advanced word processing (Microsoft Word preferred), and intermediate spreadsheet application (Microsoft Excel preferred) skills are required. Beginning presentation application (Microsoft PowerPoint preferred) and beginning database application (Microsoft Access preferred) skills are desired.
- Ability to interact professionally and tactfully with people of different levels of education, cultural backgrounds, and life experiences, and to exhibit an adequate level of respect to fellow employees and the College community at large.
Administrative supervision is received from the President. Functional supervision is received from the Senior Executive Assistant to the President / Special Assistant to the Board of Trustees.
HOURS: Monday - Friday 8:15 am - 5:00 pm
SALARY: $48,870 - Salary may change due to the completion of Staff Negotiations
For further details, visit our website at www.oakton.edu and select the Employment link to view Employment Opportunities.
Please be sure to have a current resume, cover letter, and list of, at least, three (3) professional references with contact information prepared to submit with your application. One (1) of the references must be your most recent, direct supervisor.
Oakton Community College is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution, committed to employing competent, qualified individuals. Oakton Community College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, disability, age, marital status, military status, socioeconomic status, sex or gender, gender identity, or sexual orientation in admission to and participation in its educational programs, college activities and services, or in its employment practices.