Founded in 1869, Chatham University has an enrollment of over 2,200 students across over 60 undergraduate and graduate programs in our areas of excellence: sustainability & health, the arts & sciences and business & communications. Chatham has consistently been named a College of Distinction and a "Best College" by U.S. News & World Report, and--as the alma mater of environmental icon, Rachel Carson (Class of '29)--is perennially ranked as one of the greenest colleges in the United States by Sierra Magazine and the Princeton Review.
Chatham's mission is: "to prepare students to build lives of purpose, value and fulfilling work...by preparing graduates to be informed and engaged citizens in their communities; to recognize and respect diversity of culture, identity, and opinion; and to live sustainably." Building on this mission, Chatham is committed to creating a supportive and inclusive learning, living and working environment for all members of the campus community.
Chatham consists of the School of Health Sciences; the Falk School of Sustainability & Environment; the School of Arts, Science and Business; and the School for Continuing & Professional Studies.
Located in Pittsburgh, PA--one of the country's most livable cities and great college towns--Chatham is spread across three distinct locations: the historic arboretum, Shadyside Campus; Chatham Eastside in the fast-growing East End; and Eden Hall Campus, one of the world's most sustainable campuses.
Chatham University is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a strong commitment to diversity, inclusion, and equity. Women, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and members of other underrepresented groups are highly encouraged to apply. Chatham University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, or national origin.
To help support the work of the University, we have an immediate opening for a Financial Analyst.
Position Reports To: Director of Accounting
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field
- Two years' experience in financial analysis, auditing or reporting
- Experience with intermediate and advanced Excel functions and other Microsoft Office products
- MS Dynamics experience preferred
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Record, classify and summarize financial transactions and events in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles
- Utilize MS Dynamics and other tools to develop financial reports for forecasting, trending and result-focused analytics
- Perform cost and financial analysis using data reported; interpret data to assess past financial performance and to project financial profitability
- Interpret financial transactions and events for budget administrators and other users making business decisions
- Build reporting for internal and external constituents
- Administer University travel and purchasing card programs used to process employee expense reimbursements
- Receive and log non-tuition payments and process bi-weekly cash deposit
- Prepare monthly reconciliations of general ledger accounts
- Perform internal audits to ensure conformity with financial, operational and compliance goals of the organization
- Assist in preparation for the annual external audit and tax filings
- Maintain professional expertise and skills
- Perform other duties as assigned