Data Intelligence Analyst
Data Intelligence Analyst
Worcester Polytechnic Institute - WPI
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
As a member of the newly established Office of Strategic Initiatives team, the Data Intelligence Analyst is responsible for developing analytic solutions in support of university goals using best practices with visualization tools such as Tableau. The Data Intelligence Analyst works daily with various constituents across campus to gather project requirements, design and build reports and dashboards, and troubleshoot and monitor performance. This position assists the advancement of the institution's strategic plan and is a key technical contributor for data analytics.
WPI is passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. We are looking for candidates who can support our commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion.
- Design and develop dashboards and reports to help internal and/or external customers access and analyze data.
- Collaborates with other departments to design solutions to facilitate data gathering, storage, and retrieval.
- Leverage tools to integrate data across systems and institutional functions for the generation of reports to support the work of the institution.
- Consult with users to identify data sources, required data elements, or data validation standards.
- Work in conjunction with the team to ensure high levels of accuracy and precision in data reporting and data integrity.
- Build data sets from multiple sources for consistent reporting across the campus.
- Leverage tools to integrate data across systems and institutional functions.
- Make recommendations to improve efficiencies and meet goals.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree required, Master's degree in a relevant field preferred.
- Minimum two years experience working in higher education preferred.
- Detail oriented and organized with excellent analytic and problem-solving abilities.
- Demonstrated experience in sourcing, cleaning, and analyzing data sets from a variety of sources.
- Demonstrated experience in designing data visualizations.
- Tableau experience preferred.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a wide range of constituencies, including staff, faculty, and administrators; interactions require discretion, diplomacy, judgment and maturity.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) skills are required. Must be able to communicate to both technical and business audiences.
- Ability to write clear and comprehensive reports, instructions, business process documentation and training materials is expected.
- Experience with Workday, Banner, Slate, Salesforce platforms preferred.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity and desire to provide world-class customer service.
- Applicants must have demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace and/or commitment to do so as an employee at WPI.
Please include cover letter to be considered for this position
United States of America (Exempt)
WPI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability. We are seeking individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences who will contribute to a culture of creativity and collaboration, inclusion, problem solving and change making.
To apply, visit: https://wpi.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/WPI_External_Career_Site/job/Worcester/Business-Intelligence-Analyst_R0001176
WPI is a vibrant, active, and diverse community of extraordinary students, world-renowned faculty, and state of the art research facilities. At WPI, we have competitive and comprehensive benefits, including health insurance, long-term care, retirement, tuition assistance, flexible spending accounts, work-life balance and much more.
Diversity & Inclusion at WPI
WPI is committed to creating an inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued and respected; a place where every student, faculty and staff member can be themselves, so that they can study, live, and work comfortably, to reach their full potential, and make meaningful contributions in order to meet departmental and institutional goals. WPI thrives on innovative practice and welcomes diverse perspectives, insight, and people from diverse lived experiences, to enhance the community environment and propel the institution to the next level in a competitive, global marketplace.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency